Friday Nov 28 Rutland has gone Totally Crazy!

A potpourri of off-topics.

Re: Friday Nov 28 Rutland has gone Totally Crazy!

Postby Phoenix Within » Nov 30th, 2008, 11:03 am

Struts 'N' Stuff Auto wrote:Edmonton has traffic, but per capita Kelowna has more freaks, druggies, punks, etc.

You're comparing Kelowna - an area of 100,000 people - to Edmonton - an area with 1,000,000 people and saying that Kelowna has a higher capita of "freaks" I HIGHLY doubt that. Kelowna gets what... maybe 5 murders a year? Edmonton had the dubious honor of being the murder capital of Canada for two years when I was there. It wasn't bad when I first moved there six years ago, but it got real ugly, real fast. There's parts of this city I may be wary in (like any part of any city), but there's parts of Edmonton you wouldn't catch me in the daylight, let alone the night!

Edmonton traffic is a separate category unto itself, as it was ranked one of the most dangerous cities in Canada to drive in.

Edmonton also has a real Police force,

Yes, and they had quite the questionable reputation to back it up! EPS is usually regarded as one of the police forces NOT to mess with. However, they're also severely understaffed and overworked due to the explosive growth Edmonton's undergone in the last few years. They're not as effective as they used to be.

I don't understand why there are so many chicken *bleep* people who don't want to do anything to clean up this mess of a City, and the ones who do, are being told to leave or move somewhere else.

Look, I totally agree that a problem needs to be taken care of before it gets too big, but no where in your original post did I see anything about needing to clean up the city. It was just a vent on how "crazy" Rutland was on the first real snow day this city has seen this season. If you're that serious about it then go down to the Police station down by the Firehall and talk to them about what can be done (traps on Friday nights, citizen patrols, neighborhood watch, etc...)
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Phoenix Within
Guru

Liked in: 870 posts

Postby Phoenix Within » Nov 30th, 2008, 11:05 am

Puffy wrote:BTW...Some people from Alberta are nice, you know. :sunshine:

Yup, we left some damn good friends behind.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Phoenix Within
Guru

Postby Struts 'N' Stuff Auto » Nov 30th, 2008, 11:28 am

Phoenix Within wrote:Look, I totally agree that a problem needs to be taken care of before it gets too big, but no where in your original post did I see anything about needing to clean up the city. It was just a vent on how "crazy" Rutland was on the first real snow day this city has seen this season. If you're that serious about it then go down to the Police station down by the Firehall and talk to them about what can be done (traps on Friday nights, citizen patrols, neighborhood watch, etc...)

Actually I am serious about the cleanup and am part of 2 organizations that are supposed to help the RCMP, but the problem still remains, people are totally out of control, and most residents are really too scared to say anything, and others have given up because the City and RCMP aren't doing anything!
This is how it works: Awareness--> Complaints-->Monitoring-->Police presence to solve problems.
I have the proof, have done the complaining(along with others), have done the monitoring with Speedwatch and Citizens Patrol, but the problem is when the RCMP have to get involved, there is a lack of manpower and the City won't do anything about it, thus the reason this non-sense is getting worse.

I was hoping to hear other peoples residential craziness, but I guess it doesn't exsist except on the streets of Rutland that I monitor!
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Phoenix Within » Nov 30th, 2008, 11:37 am

Struts 'N' Stuff Auto wrote:Actually I am serious about the cleanup and am part of 2 organizations that are supposed to help the RCMP, but the problem still remains, people are totally out of control, and most residents are really too scared to say anything, and others have given up because the City and RCMP aren't doing anything!

Well it's kinda hard to blame them. If the people of authority aren't there to help you, what else can you do besides for vigilantism which I certainly do not recommend! that's becoming part of the problem, not the solution.

This is how it works: Awareness--> Complaints-->Monitoring-->Police presence to solve problems. I have the proof, have done the complaining(along with others), have done the monitoring with Speedwatch and Citizens Patrol, but the problem is when the RCMP have to get involved, there is a lack of manpower and the City won't do anything about it, thus the reason this non-sense is getting worse.

Unless you can get the media involved to make the situation known... might get people thinking about their own neighborhoods. Get enough of an uproar and people in higher places might start to take notice. I've heard rumors too about RCMP refusing transfers to Kelowna because it cost too much to live here. Although this is just a rumor...

I was hoping to hear other peoples residential craziness, but I guess it doesn't exsist except on the streets of Rutland that I monitor!

I'm sure it's elsewhere in the city, but as you said you do monitor it, where other people might just write it off as part of "city life".

I can't speak much for my neighborhood (out in the sticks), as the biggest problem we've had out here so far is the raccoons getting into the dog food.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Postby SweetMarie82 » Dec 1st, 2008, 12:29 am

I don't understand why there are so many chicken *bleep* people who don't want to do anything to clean up this mess of a City, and the ones who do, are being told to leave or move somewhere else

Ok i highly doubt others are chicken *bleep*'s as you are saying unless you know every person in this town how do you actually know others have not tried to fix the problem. Secondly maybe others just have far more important things in their life to worry about then druggies and idiots. like alot of others mentioned if you hate it soo much move away from here or stop whining. There will always be a drug,crime problem here and everywhere else on this planet they will never go away it sucks but its part of reality so get over it already and move on. You need to stop worrying and monitoring these people before they complete take over your life. FYI its not just in rutland
Until you can prove yourself perfect, you cannot put others down for their imperfections.”
SweetMarie82
Fledgling

Liked in: 0 post

Postby BoB76 » Dec 1st, 2008, 12:51 am

SweetMarie82 wrote:
I don't understand why there are so many chicken *bleep* people who don't want to do anything to clean up this mess of a City, and the ones who do, are being told to leave or move somewhere else

Ok i highly doubt others are chicken *bleep*'s as you are saying unless you know every person in this town how do you actually know others have not tried to fix the problem. Secondly maybe others just have far more important things in their life to worry about then druggies and idiots. like alot of others mentioned if you hate it soo much move away from here or stop whining. There will always be a drug,crime problem here and everywhere else on this planet they will never go away it sucks but its part of reality so get over it already and move on. You need to stop worrying and monitoring these people before they complete take over your life. FYI its not just in rutland

You are absolutely right....it is not just Rutland. It is Springvalley too.
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
BoB76
Guru

Liked in: 121 posts

Postby SweetMarie82 » Dec 1st, 2008, 1:07 am

BoB76 wrote:
SweetMarie82 wrote:

You are absolutely right....it is not just Rutland. It is Springvalley too.

lol guess i forgot to say springvalley my bad lol thanks for reminding me bob
Until you can prove yourself perfect, you cannot put others down for their imperfections.”
SweetMarie82
Fledgling

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Struts 'N' Stuff Auto » Dec 1st, 2008, 10:28 am

SweetMarie82 wrote: You need to stop worrying and monitoring these people before they complete take over your life. FYI its not just in rutland

Well, part of Speedwatch and Citizens Patrol is monitoring, and worrying about your neighborhood and City is something everyone should do before it's beyond repair!

People are just sitting back and letting it get worse, with the exception of the ones who have had their lives disrupted to an undesireable point. Mind you, alot of people are the problem, and they don't realize it.
Struts 'N' Stuff Auto
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1 post

Postby onestop67 » Dec 1st, 2008, 10:43 am

How Can I Help the Citizens Patrol?

The Citizens Patrol program is looking for people who want to contribute time to their community and the police.

Are you a resident of the area?
Are you at least 19 years of age?
Do you have no criminal record?
Do you hold a valid BC Drivers license?
Can you work within a structured environment?
Can you work with other people?
Can you commit one shift per month?
Do you have good communication skills?
Have no health or other problems that may impede you working in an office/community environment?

If you can answer “yes” to all of the above questions and can pass the security screening required by the RCMP, you might find the Citizens Patrol rewarding.
onestop67
Guru

Liked in: 344 posts

Postby Jo » Dec 1st, 2008, 11:39 am

Oh stop with the personal attacks, people, I've deleted a slew of them. Struts has every right to post his view as does everybody else, but the personal attacks are ridiculous and offer nothing whatsoever to the topic. Make your point without them.

Jo
Jo
Slot 16

Liked in: 3687 posts

Postby Catz » Dec 1st, 2008, 11:53 am

:147:

:dyinglaughing:
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 759 posts

Postby BoB76 » Aug 7th, 2019, 12:48 am

I remember these crazy threads like yesterday!
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
BoB76
Guru

Liked in: 121 posts

Postby Lady tehMa » Aug 8th, 2019, 6:58 am

BoB76 wrote:I remember these crazy threads like yesterday!

You should change your board title from "Guru" to "Necromancer" with all the old threads you've been digging up [icon_lol2.gif]

It is interesting to look back, though.
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.

Piecemaker likes this post.
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4591 posts

Previous

Return to Grab Bag