Difficulty meeting friends in Kelowna?

A potpourri of off-topics.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Difficulty meeting friends in Kelowna?

Post by Catz »

I wouldn't mind taking a cooking course.

I was out with my son driving and everyone looked so serious.

I started waving at people, then my son got into it...we had so much fun and made a few people laugh
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

The Get Togethers (G2G) are posted in the Cheers forum.

Y'all missed a great time today - we had a picnic at Mission Park Greenway and a Bird Photography funtime.

It was so much fun we'll do it again. We even went to a *gasp*horrors* PUB after.

Keep your eye on that forum if you want to get together with new folks and make new friends.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I thought there must be a wordless way to communicate that "LOoK a Castanut has arrived" without disturbing all the people around the vicinity.

Tin foil hats aside.

All agree to wear yellow t-shirts.
All agree to buy a Castanet button for public wearing to informal set ups.
All agree to SOMETHING agreed up to distinguish one from another.

Sorry I got so caught up in my own yard. But that's the problem isn't it? We get so into our own stuff.

Off to the Rutland Fleamarket!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Ooooohhhh ... I like yellow!!!

There's a new thread about a G2G for May ... in the Cheers section. http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18894
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
SpazmoTheMagnificent
Übergod

Re: Difficulty meeting friends in Kelowna??

Post by SpazmoTheMagnificent »

makefriends wrote:Thanks for the email JimC.....and to everybody for their input. I guess I will just find my own way, and pursue interests, like you said. We'll see how things go. Thanks......

LOL...good luck with that. :clueless:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

SpazmoTheMagnificent wrote:
makefriends wrote:Thanks for the email JimC.....and to everybody for their input. I guess I will just find my own way, and pursue interests, like you said. We'll see how things go. Thanks......

Soooo SpazmotheM....the "M" stands for Mutinious right? As in, your own personal mutiney against everything for, in and about Kelowna. See you at the G2G!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
SpazmoTheMagnificent
Übergod

Post by SpazmoTheMagnificent »

keesa wrote:

Soooo SpazmotheM....the "M" stands for Mutinious right? As in, your own personal mutiney against everything for, in and about Kelowna. See you at the G2G!

Jeez, I missed this one...
Mutiny? Ummm no, I am always true to my word...and never give up on people.
However Keesa, I'm sure you have noticed...lets say...a distaste...of many thinks here in this over glorified hovel collection called Kelowna. In the same way as, reaching for a nice cold swig of milk from the carton, only to find that it is sour.
I never swallow that...and occasionally I spit it out with distain.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

keesa wrote:

However Keesa, I'm sure you have noticed...lets say...a distaste...of many thinks here in this over glorified hovel collection called Kelowna. In the same way as, reaching for a nice cold swig of milk from the carton, only to find that it is sour.

That's funny, I never swallow either.
MADGE
Fledgling

Post by MADGE »

:bethecoffee:

I am older, and have my friends in my hometown of W V so I tried to make some friends here. I was very social and had a position in WV because I was good with people, very real, and friendly.

I tried that in Kelowna and it did not work for me. I just have a hard time fitting in. I had made some friends from Vancouver but they all went home. They moved back and could not wait to go home. I want to go home because I am now retired and will go down hill if I don't get out of here. My child misses her friends as well and has tried to make friends here and at her workplace but it is difficult. I wish you luck and happiness. :discodance:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

toronada wrote::bethecoffee:

I am older, and have my friends in my hometown of W V so I tried to make some friends here. I was very social and had a position in WV because I was good with people, very real, and friendly.

I tried that in Kelowna and it did not work for me. I just have a hard time fitting in. I had made some friends from Vancouver but they all went home. They moved back and could not wait to go home. I want to go home because I am now retired and will go down hill if I don't get out of here. My child misses her friends as well and has tried to make friends here and at her workplace but it is difficult. I wish you luck and happiness. :discodance:

So you will make an effort to meet us all at Writer Daves for the May Get together on Sunday in Peachland right?

You too eclarke, SpazmotheM and others who hang out here and "talk" to us all. It's not painful in anyway to show up in person :sillygrin:
lou-g

Post by lou-g »

its a clicky,, click, town with people thinking its LA, funny, what you drive, where you work, how much you make etc etc. Good-luck.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

keesa wrote:
keesa wrote:

That's funny, I never swallow either.

:coffeecanuck:

That is hillarious!!!!!!!!!!
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Yes, Keesa has her moments!

Welcome to the forum lou-g. There are all sorts in Kelowna.
Truth be told, it probably can be difficult in most larger centres to meet people. Those that are established in a community are not necessarily looking to enlarge their circle of friends. They may be open to new friendships, but just aren't seeking them.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Piecemaker wrote:Yes, Keesa has her moments!

Welcome to the forum lou-g. There are all sorts in Kelowna.
Truth be told, it probably can be difficult in most larger centres to meet people. Those that are established in a community are not necessarily looking to enlarge their circle of friends. They may be open to new friendships, but just aren't seeking them.

Thanks!

You also have moments! I note our friend SpazmotheM has alas given up on Castanet perhaps, may his milk always be fresh.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

lou-g wrote:its a clicky,, click, town with people thinking its LA, funny, what you drive, where you work, how much you make etc etc. Good-luck.

What, somebody seriously thinks Kelowna is like LA???
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.

Return to “Grab Bag”