Important questions to remember to ask

A potpourri of off-topics.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Important questions to remember to ask

Post by Glacier »

I want to believe it's true, but... http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/giantcoverup.asp/
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

What is the meaning behind all the ancient monuments on Earth? Who built them and how and did the Egyptians really have power?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

We went to Chris Hadfield's Canada 150th Tour last night. The more questions we answer, the more we realize we don't know 99% of what's out there.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Dear God: What education is only worth putting out there in the World?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Another one: Who is valuable in this World?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/19/europe/cl ... index.html

Has there ever been moss in the Antarctic before?
perspicacious
Board Meister

Post by perspicacious »

Queen K wrote:Another one: Who is valuable in this World?

Every single breathing living thing is valuable. If one thing disappeared, we could make a connection to many things that would be affected. Every living thing counts in their own way. I think the correct question to ask is what impact would it have in my environment if I were not here or of someone in my life wasn't here? Makes you appreciate the things around you each and every day... Sometimes I think we take this for granted.
Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

That question came from a post from my fav neo-con who was postulating that only the white collar professional types were of value to society. I won't say who. I went on here to push the question.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Dear God: COULD Trump keep his mouth shut or has he just not being told unlike every other President who could keep their mouths shut?

Which one is it? :135:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/offbeat/t ... li=AAggFp5

Dear God,

I want to know exactly how old these dinosaur bones really are.
And did Trump manage to keep his mouth shut?
Oh, and how is it I won the lottery on Earth, being white born in BC, Canada and not having to illegally get here.
Why some souls and not others?

QK
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

What needs to change first?

https://okanaganedge.net/2017/10/18/good-kelowna-women/
If you’re a women in Kelowna there’s a good chance you have a better education than most women in the rest of the country; you’re also more likely to have shakier finances, and about average health.

The wage gap, on the other hand, is more severe in Kelowna than the rest of the country, with women earning about 66 per cent of what men earn. McInturuff says those numbers have actually worsened in the past five years.

and women are slightly more likely than men to report high levels of stress in their lives (25 per cent against and 22 per cent).

Okay, so women in the Okanagan have to pay for higher education to earn our significantly lower wage, and naturally, we’re stressed and have less economic security.

Sounds about right.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Dear God, Do they? Do bullies who know they bullied others feel regret later in life?

Is this real?

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#209188
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Many do regret their actions, but I would bet that many do not, nor do they fully come to realize the pain they have caused. There's a small high school in the Okanagan with only 1 black kid in the school. She is called every bad word in the book including the "N-word", and the boys are totally unrepentant racists. They don't care, and the schools don't have the tools to deal with it properly. It's hell for the kid even though the teachers and bus driver are well aware of the situation and try what they can to deal with the situation.
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/ma ... li=AAggFp5

They say the lines form "no pattern" but I see a 3D pyramid drawing..

Is it?

What was going on in the ancient World? And, do we get to find out after we die if we come prepared with the right questions?

Or do we come back over and over to figure stuff out? Is only one religion right?

Or are there parts right in all religions?
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

^^ Those are some deep questions but I'm sticking to the shallow end today.

If my doctor tells me I have to make a serious lifestyle change, does changing doctors count?
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.

Return to “Grab Bag”