Queen Keesa's new kitchen!

A potpourri of off-topics.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: Queen Keesa's new kitchen!

Post by JLives »

Queen K wrote:I was just researching shower stalls and wondering what would be better, getting rid of tub upstairs because we have one downstairs, or what. Either way, I have to redo the bathroom in a way that holds up to me aging here for another 10 years.

Get rid of second tub, you only need 1. Shower is the way to go. You can do either tile or surround, there's arguments for both. My preference is tile, it's just nicer looking.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I love the light bright glass tiles like I have in my kitchen, but this time will go more neutral. I still will not trade my green glass for anything else though.

Best thing I ever bought was a double towel rack, that stays.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

My one tub barely gets used - I'd get rid of a second one in a heartbeat and vote for just a shower.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I want a shower with one of those seats that folds down or something like that. Lots of storage for shampoos and stuff and one of those nice square shower heads that are all the rage now. I've seen them elsewhere and really like them.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

What frustrates me about the new low-flow plumbing configuration & showerheads, is that it is rather difficult to rinse shampoo out of my hair. Oh.... and try rinsing hair colour out with that measly dribble. Pfffft... gimme some real lps.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Arrggg. low flow. NOPE. I'd never install that if I can help it. I can help it right? :200:
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Got permission from my friend to show you her reno photos

Ensuite 1.jpg

and

Ensuite 2.jpg
I haven't failed until I quit.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Very very nice indeed! Thank her for me!
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Queen K wrote:Arrggg. low flow. NOPE. I'd never install that if I can help it. I can help it right? :200:

That depends on whether you hire a plumber who is obliged to install what's behind the wall 'to code', or not. Our 2013 bathroom Reno took an early 80s 5-minute power washer and left us a gentle, 20 minute, relaxing spa-like, gentle rain.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Okay, now I'm :135: worried about this. So if I keep my lame looking shower but change everything else, I'd be okay?
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Queen K wrote:I thought of that, but it would cut my drive way in half and away from the back deck and door.

Well, I guess there is that, :biggrin: If>>If>>> ya ok.... :130:

Another vote against low flow.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Sometimes I wish I had just blown the entire back building down, taken out the huge Silver Maples and added on to the back of the house with at least another two bedrooms with walk-in closets. But no...no I did not. The reasoning at the time is easement, right now the back building is at the edge of the ally, and that would not happen with today's building code.

But does that matter in the long run?

Right now, I'm hoping prices slip a little like forum predicts, but am seeing nothing like it yet on the RE horizon.

Return to “Grab Bag”