Queen Keesa's new kitchen!

A potpourri of off-topics.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Queen Keesa's new kitchen!

Post by kgcayenne »

Some one to clean it up.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

kccayenne wrote:Some one to clean it up.

TRUTH.

But QK's kitchen is lovely, and will be moreso with new flooring.
I haven't failed until I quit.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Queen K wrote:OH YES IT DOES!!!!!!!!

An extraordinary kitchen transcends time.

For an extraordinary kitchen you need the cooks favourite cooking contraption. Many a kitchen has been designed around it.

complete article with price ... best be sitting down when you read the starting price, never mind the high end
http://www.thestar.com/living/food/arti ... ontraption

Oh yeah, reinforce your kitchen floor before installation.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

That does it, we are tearing everything out....thanks and Mr. QK thanks you,.... he said, "where does H20 live again?"
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

But, but, but ... you don't need to repaint 'cuz the ovens come in different colours. Psstt, Mr. QK - this oven will save on heating costs since it takes hours to heat up you never turn the sucker off, residual heat keeps you toasty warm.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Well okay, then. <Puts balaclava back.>
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

OH God, I found it. Okay it felt like 90 pages even if it was only 20.

Next up: Bathroom renovations. Tiny bathroom. Big plans. As soon as I'm over this chest bronchitis that has gotten ahold of me.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Tile tub surround &/or shower stall, pretty---NEVER AGAIN.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I was just researching shower stalls and wondering what would be better, getting rid of tub upstairs because we have one downstairs, or what. Either way, I have to redo the bathroom in a way that holds up to me aging here for another 10 years.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

and suddenly occurred to QK what she needed to do. One LARGE kitty litter box for about 90% of the bathroom and the 10% a running fountain of water.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

You do not want to be scrubbing grout, and you don't want to be scraping that crap out to replace it when it begins to give an leak water in behind those beautiful tiles. I loooooove having easy to clean, shiny, acrylic, one-piece shower and tubs in our home.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

kgcayenne wrote:You do not want to be scrubbing grout, and you don't want to be scraping that crap out to replace it when it begins to give an leak water in behind those beautiful tiles. I loooooove having easy to clean, shiny, acrylic, one-piece shower and tubs in our home.

I have a friend who cleans houses for a living, and she put a tile shower in her own ensuite. They did a gorgeous job, and she has a spray bottle with a mix of (let me see if I can remember this right) Dawn dish soap, borax and vinegar - I think. She doesn't have issues with her grout (plus it was a darker colour).
I haven't failed until I quit.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm going to be visiting reno places when I'm better to look at shower stall ideas. I haven't ruled anything out yet.

Oh for a slightly larger space to work with though. I did think of moving the wall back a few feet but that'd take space out of the office/2nd bedroom and not give space to where it's really needed.

Buying a new house is only about 500K as the housing thread shows, so once again, renovating is cheaper in the long run.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

I like the one piece shower stall/tub that just slips over-top of the existing tub.

They are quite pricey, and not overly "beautiful" but they are easy to clean and
no water seepage issues.

Random thought: QueenK, you mentioned moving a wall, How about an enclosed deck-like
structure off the side of the house to expand the space, move the tub/shower out of the
existing space. more room, straight-forward to plumb.

I was thinking along the lines of RV slideouts, but permanent.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I thought of that, but it would cut my drive way in half and away from the back deck and door. We load stuff all the time back and forth like.

I have seen those over the tub slip covers but have in mind low barrier shower step in. I also have to redo the entire tiny floor too. New everything. Once I'm better.

Return to “Grab Bag”