Three more years 'til Sunrype strike

A potpourri of off-topics.

Three more years 'til Sunrype strike

Postby BoB76 » Jan 11th, 2010, 5:50 pm

I am wondering how those horrid working conditions that all the workers complained about have been since they have been back to work for two years. Is big Bad Sunrype still an awful employer or are they happy to have jobs in this economy?
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
BoB76
Guru

Liked in: 121 posts

Re: 3 more years til Sunrype Strike

Postby sarcasm2010 » Jan 11th, 2010, 5:56 pm

I am close friends of one Sun Rype staff that is in charge of a certain division. She has been working down the north end for 3+ years and LOVES her job. Pattison took majority control a couple years back and as far as I can tell, Sun Rype is doing as well if not better than it was back then. The only thing I see is that with better profits and a billion dollar owner behind the company, now, the scenario might be that Pattison modernizes the plants with his money and that will reduce the # of humans needed to do the work...
sarcasm2010

Liked in: 0 post

Postby BoB76 » Jan 11th, 2010, 6:52 pm

sarcasm2010 wrote:I am close friends of one Sun Rype staff that is in charge of a certain division. She has been working down the north end for 3+ years and LOVES her job. Pattison took majority control a couple years back and as far as I can tell, Sun Rype is doing as well if not better than it was back then. The only thing I see is that with better profits and a billion dollar owner behind the company, now, the scenario might be that Pattison modernizes the plants with his money and that will reduce the # of humans needed to do the work...

Pattison is a smart man. He'll find a way to cut out the dead weight if any still left.
Last edited by BoB76 on Jan 11th, 2010, 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
BoB76
Guru

Postby flamingfingers » Jan 11th, 2010, 6:55 pm

BoB76 wrote:
sarcasm2010 wrote:I am close friends of one Sun Rype staff that is in charge of a certain division. She has been working down the north end for 3+ years and LOVES her job. Pattison took majority control a couple years back and as far as I can tell, Sun Rype is doing as well if not better than it was back then. The only thing I see is that with better profits and a billion dollar owner behind the company, now, the scenario might be that Pattison modernizes the plants with his money and that will reduce the # of humans needed to do the work...

Pattison is a smart man. He'll find a way to cut out the dead wait if any still left.

Well, Bob - guess the dead does wait, but can't see how this relates.
Overpopulation threatens all life on earth.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6855 posts

Postby sarcasm2010 » Jan 11th, 2010, 7:03 pm

Pattison is obviously a very smart man...you don't become a billionaire on your own without a bit of a clue (meaning he never inherited any of his money, he earned it ALL)

My family (my dead grandpa) was actually a very close friend of Jimmy P. My grandpa grew up, or basically worked, as a Chev/GM lot manager in Vancouver back in the early 60's.

As far as I understand Jimmy P., he is obviously first and foremost a billionaire businessman, but at the end of the day, he is still just a man...
sarcasm2010

Postby Al Czervic » Jan 11th, 2010, 7:06 pm

BoB76 wrote:I am wondering how those horrid working conditions that all the workers complained about have been since they have been back to work for two years. Is big Bad Sunrype still an awful employer or are they happy to have jobs in this economy?

Careful Bob…..does Castanet really need another 100+ page thread ?

On a different note where did all of those “everyday joe” Unionists disappear too that just happened to show up here when the Sun-Rype strike was on in full support of the Teamsters?
Back with a vengeance
Al Czervic
Guru

Liked in: 15 posts

Postby BoB76 » Jan 11th, 2010, 7:23 pm

flamingfingers wrote:
BoB76 wrote:

Pattison is a smart man. He'll find a way to cut out the dead wait if any still left.

Hey I was working my non union job and was using my Iphone. Give me a break. A paid union one please.
BoB76
Guru

Re: Three more years 'til Sunrype strike

Postby Captain Awesome » Jan 11th, 2010, 7:25 pm

Once I had a slow day at work and I actually read couple of those SunRype threads. I wanted 2 hours of my life back by the end of it.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 3123 posts

Postby motorhomebabe » Jan 11th, 2010, 7:29 pm

So how come you are replying to another one :127:
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 235 posts

Postby normaM » Jan 11th, 2010, 7:32 pm

zing
If onion rings are wrong I don't wanna be right
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6076 posts

Postby Captain Awesome » Jan 11th, 2010, 7:33 pm

Oh, walked into this one.

:dyinglaughing:
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 3123 posts

Postby Bratwurst » Jan 11th, 2010, 7:44 pm

Al Czervic wrote:On a different note where did all of those “everyday joe” Unionists disappear too that just happened to show up here when the Sun-Rype strike was on in full support of the Teamsters?

Teamster shills?
Here?

Among us?

*Gasp*
To the best of my recollection, I must recall on my memory. I cannot remember.
Jimmy Hoffa
Bratwurst

Postby grammafreddy » Jan 11th, 2010, 7:44 pm

flamingfingers wrote:
BoB76 wrote:

@Flaming ... You KNOW better than to misquote somebody. Shame on you for this!

This is what BoB really said ...

BoB76 wrote:

Pattison is a smart man. He'll find a way to cut out the dead weight if any still left.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Liked in: 796 posts

Postby fluffy » Jan 11th, 2010, 7:51 pm

I guess that one slipped by her. Sherlock Holmes she ain't.
Okey dokey doggie daddy.
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4392 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Jan 11th, 2010, 8:05 pm

gr and fluff -

If you reference post 7 where I quoted Bob, you will see that his original post cited dead wait. Amazing that he corrected that in his original post, but obviously neither of you considered that. Zing..
Overpopulation threatens all life on earth.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6855 posts

Next

Return to Grab Bag