Forum Photo Contest!

A potpourri of off-topics.
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Re: Forum Photo Contest!

Post by French Castanut »

good grief, I don't like angry kitties.. we're all gonna wait for skydawg to show up.
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

oneh2obabe wrote:Haven't travelled that part of the province so I wouldn't know for sure, but using the directions my friend gave me it seemed he was right. Guess she was mistaken ... but map books don't make mistakes, do they?

As a matter of fact we find mistakes in them all the time, just not for secondary highway numbers. Mostly found a lot in the Southern Alberta mapbook in the Turner Valley area, and that is with Backroad Mapbook. Yes, they are getting an email about that. The company MapArt is a company which should be banned from publishing, there are so many incorrect claims for Forest Service Roads. It's like they are guessing, they could pose a danger to people.

The absolute BEST map product on the market today is current Backroad Mapbooks, at $25.95 a book, they are well worth the money, even with their relatively few errors.

www.backroadmapbooks.com

Oh, and this is just general to everyone, St. Leon Hotsprings are on private property and no longer open to public use. All it took was one rowdy stupid group to have the owners start informing the Revelstoke tourist information office to stop sending people to the hotsprings. We tried to make it to Halfway River Hotsprings, but the time of day was late and the road is extremely potholed. Has anyone been up there lately?

And where is Skydawg to tell us where that waterfall is anyways?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Queen K wrote:
oneh2obabe wrote:Going by the directions my friend gave me, FC is correct.
St Leon Hot Springs
To get there, drive north from the junction of Hwy 6 in Nakusp for 14.4 miles along hwy 23 (just short of the Halfway River Bridge. There will be an unsigned St. Leon Creek forest service road to the right. The springs are located in a clearing alongside the creek about 6.2 miles up this road.

Do you see a contradiction here? FC said Hwy 6. My Kootenay Rockies Backroad Mapbook clearly shows St. Leon Hotsprings off of Hwy. 23. Heaven knows I drive that highway often enough. So how is FC correct when the hotsprings are off of Hwy. 23 and not Hwy. 6?

Sorry, you're just wrong.

Queen K, nope sorry,your wrong.

pssttt-I'm just joking.
Can't we all just get along?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Of course! :sunshine:

But I consider it highly irresponsible to post incorrect non-information as a substitute for correct information, especially when long distances, gas money and time may be involved for someone who is looking for hot springs on the wrong highway.

Where is that Skydawg anyways?

And sorry FC, like I conveyed earlier, this had nothing to do with you.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

Queen K wrote:And sorry FC, like I conveyed earlier, this had nothing to do with you.

I know! It's all about Skydawg being absent... :dyinglaughing:
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

oneh2obabe wrote:Guess she was mistaken ... but map books don't make mistakes, do they?

Not nearly as often as the readers do!! LOL
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yes, and sometimes that happens too. Turn left, no right. Right? Correct. Damn, this map is upside down. :dyinglaughing:

(But not for highway numbers in this case.)
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

So who got Glacier's photo correct and is it time to get this party started again?
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Sorry been in camp. Nobody has guessed it yet.
Hint: Near needles ferry
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Arrow Lakes Falls!
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

I know them as Whatshan Falls
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

A friend took these a month ago. Name the mountain. hint: at 13186 ft.

mount---.jpg

mount---2.jpg

mount---3.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
kay-c
Board Meister

Post by kay-c »

its edgewood
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

What ever happened with this thread? I guess Mt waddington. And sorry I don't have a pic if I'm correct. Just like to see some more cool pictures of places ill never be :9923:
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

You are correct! Your turn to post a picture...
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Grab Bag”