Forum Photo Contest!

A potpourri of off-topics.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Re: Forum Photo Contest!

Post by skydawg »

Queen K wrote:Off of Hwy. 6! At Monashee Prov. Park just past Sugar Lake. We tried to make there this year but it was closed due to a road washout.

Oh right queen i forgot about those. FYI the road has been fixed.
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

St-Leon Hot spring?
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Only thing is, St. Leon's is not off of Hwy. 6, FC,

Hmm,

Okay, no one's got this yet? I'll go back to my original guess, ANGEL Falls! Come on, Skydawg, tell me I won!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Going by the directions my friend gave me, FC is correct.
St Leon Hot Springs
To get there, drive north from the junction of Hwy 6 in Nakusp for 14.4 miles along hwy 23 (just short of the Halfway River Bridge. There will be an unsigned St. Leon Creek forest service road to the right. The springs are located in a clearing alongside the creek about 6.2 miles up this road.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Did I win?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Don't know, but maybe you should post a picture anyway since Skydawg seems to have disappeared. For a bonus tell me the name of this world famous fishing lake:

Hint: The town of the same name is called the float plane capital of BC.

Im Chilcotin hat Mutter Natur immer wieder eine Spezielle Überraschung parat …
Im Chilcotin hat Mutter Natur immer wieder eine Spezielle Überraschung parat …
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Glacier wrote:
Hint: The town of the same name is called the float plane capital of BC.

I was there when Mt St Helens exploded. White dust everywhere. Couldn't believe it spread that far north!
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Super! Where is this lake?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

oneh2obabe wrote:Going by the directions my friend gave me, FC is correct.
St Leon Hot Springs
To get there, drive north from the junction of Hwy 6 in Nakusp for 14.4 miles along hwy 23 (just short of the Halfway River Bridge. There will be an unsigned St. Leon Creek forest service road to the right. The springs are located in a clearing alongside the creek about 6.2 miles up this road.

Do you see a contradiction here? FC said Hwy 6. My Kootenay Rockies Backroad Mapbook clearly shows St. Leon Hotsprings off of Hwy. 23. Heaven knows I drive that highway often enough. So how is FC correct when the hotsprings are off of Hwy. 23 and not Hwy. 6?

Sorry, you're just wrong.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Don't see where anyone said FC was right ... and Skydawg is awol.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

GF, h20 wrote "FC is correct", how can that mean anything else?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

oneh2obabe wrote:Going by the directions my friend gave me, FC is correct.St Leon Hot Springs

Right here. Unless 23 can be configured into Hwy 6, FC is not correct. Hwy. 6, as you know GF, continues on up to New Denver and beyond, nowhere near St. Leon's Hotsprings.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Queen K wrote:[
Do you see a contradiction here? FC said Hwy 6. My Kootenay Rockies Backroad Mapbook clearly shows St. Leon Hotsprings off of Hwy. 23. Heaven knows I drive that highway often enough. So how is FC correct when the hotsprings are off of Hwy. 23 and not Hwy. 6?

Sorry, you're just wrong.

Good grief - all I did was post directions given to me by a friend. But if it makes you happy to say I'm wrong, enjoy.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Sep 26th, 2012, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Good grief, you can't read in your own post that you said FC was correct? Admit it, you just can't stand that I was right this time.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Haven't travelled that part of the province so I wouldn't know for sure, but using the directions my friend gave me it seemed he was right. Guess she was mistaken ... but map books don't make mistakes, do they?

Return to “Grab Bag”