Where are the Okanagan singles in their 30s & 40s

A potpourri of off-topics.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Where are the Okanagan singles in their 30s & 40s

Post by Captain Awesome »

strawberryskies wrote:You never know... we may click.

Is this how people call it now?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

strawberryskies wrote:Ehem, so I am still single. :sunshine: If someone is interested in meeting up with a female in her mid-30s for coffee or a stronger drink please private message me. You never know... we may click :bump: Closet matchmakers are welcome, if you know a suitable male who has been single for far too long and who might enjoy meeting someone new.

What are your interests?
Hobbies? Taste in music, movies etc?
Non-smoker or smoker?
Do you have children?
Any particular qualities you want in a potential mate? Any definite deal breakers?

Give us a standard write up! :sunshine:
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
strawberryskies

Post by strawberryskies »

strwbrrydvl wrote:
strawberryskies wrote:Ehem, so I am still single. :sunshine: If someone is interested in meeting up with a female in her mid-30s for coffee or a stronger drink please private message me. You never know... we may click :bump: Closet matchmakers are welcome, if you know a suitable male who has been single for far too long and who might enjoy meeting someone new.

What are your interests?
Hobbies? Taste in music, movies etc?
Non-smoker or smoker?
Do you have children?
Any particular qualities you want in a potential mate? Any definite deal breakers?

Give us a standard write up! :sunshine:

You are a fellow strawberry!

At this age a girl can't be too picky :sillygrin:

I would do a write up but I want to be open minded and to go with the flow.
If I had to pick one character trait in a potential partner, it would be kindness because I view it as a strength.
I prefer a non-smoker because of allergies.

I have no children nor do I want any biological children.

I have the typical interests, likes and hobbies of a female in her mid-30s.

Message if you would like to know more! :sunshine:
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I saw this video on Castanet the other day:

What are the chances this girl is single? And from Okanagan? She is a riot.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

strawberryskies wrote:

these two lines from your post make no sense. Unless you were speaking of purely superficial things like hair colour.
By this age, you've dated enough and met personality types who definitely don't work with your own. Why would you try those same types again? At this age you should almost appear more picky than an 18 year old who doesn't know any better.

Also there are no such things as typical hobbies for a female in her 30's. Just like there are no typical hobbies for a male.

I still suggest that you contact your friends and family as they know you best, and also would have a better idea of whom in their acquaintance might suit.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
strawberryskies

Post by strawberryskies »

Nom_de_Plume wrote:
strawberryskies wrote:

these two lines from your post make no sense. Unless you were speaking of purely superficial things like hair colour.
By this age, you've dated enough and met personality types who definitely don't work with your own. Why would you try those same types again? At this age you should almost appear more picky than an 18 year old who doesn't know any better.

Also there are no such things as typical hobbies for a female in her 30's. Just like there are no typical hobbies for a male.

I still suggest that you contact your friends and family as they know you best, and also would have a better idea of whom in their acquaintance might suit.

I suppose everyone is picky but I want to be less so. I think at 18 I was more superficial and materialistic and now the traits that matter to me more are how does he treat others, is he kind, and the other good stuff. I want to find the males who are not on dating sites, who are happy with their life and who aren't desperate to meet any female. So that's why I posted on Castanet, to find the other singles in my age group who have given up lol. :sunshine:

That is a good idea to ask family and friends about potential singles. I am hesitant to bring it up though. I do hint at it by sometimes saying "it's very hard to be single in the okanagan because it's hard to meet other singles" and then I leave it at that. Usually they just agree and say yes it's hard. Also I find that people in couples tend to interact much more with other couples the amount of singles they know is low.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

strawberryskies wrote:[...I want to find the males who are not on dating sites, who are happy with their life and who aren't desperate to meet any female. So that's why I posted on Castanet, to find the other singles in my age group who have given up lol. :sunshine:

By not being on dating sites, you are one step in the right direction.

Make choices and do things that are going to make you happy with your life, then you will be more attractive to someone who is happy in his. Live with yourself first; you have to be able to live with yourself.

You have more to share when you need less.

Love and committment are best served along side a main course of giving.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

strawberryskies wrote:[...I want to find the males who are not on dating sites, who are happy with their life and who aren't desperate to meet any female.

On the other hand strawberryskies....your are coming off as over enthusiastic (desperate) to meet a guy?
process99
Board Meister

Post by process99 »

coffeeFreak wrote:
strawberryskies wrote:[...I want to find the males who are not on dating sites, who are happy with their life and who aren't desperate to meet any female.

On the other hand strawberryskies....your are coming off as over enthusiastic (desperate) to meet a guy?

Oh I don't know, kinda sounds like someone singing their heart without giving too much away.
P99
xyz

Post by xyz »

Well I am looking for a nice gal. I am 41, like to go to the gym and enduro ride and tour in the bush with my motorbike. I am very handy and enjoy working on vehicles and renovating houses. I have a job that I love and have been divorced for almost two years. I have two kids 16 and 19 that are amazing to say the least. Im a non smoker and drink very seldom. I do not do drugs.

I would like a woman that is self sufficient and is kind to her body.....non smoker to start and in decent shape. I am not perfect and dont expect you to be. I am very easy going and open to new adventures.

I am looking for a partner not a booty call.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Single peeps in their 30s and 40s are like parking spots.
All the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Or....^^ What we thought was "for life" turned into, seriously?!? I invested in this!?!?

You look like your pic b man? Lmao. Just joshing
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

WhatThe wrote:Or....^^ What we thought was "for life" turned into, seriously?!? I invested in this!?!?

You look like your pic b man? Lmao. Just joshing

Seriously, she does!
I haven't failed until I quit.

Return to “Grab Bag”