Noisy air-conditioners and pool pumps

A potpourri of off-topics.
nepal
Übergod

Noisy air-conditioners and pool pumps

Post by nepal »

I'm trying to relax on my deck, but can't because of my neighbor's noisy air conditioner. When I go to bed, I would like to open the window and let in the cool, fresh, night air, but can't, due to my neighbour's noisy air conditioner. And if not that, it's a pool pump on the other side.
I think someone could have a good business, producing and installing acoustic sound screens. I see them on the web in the USA, but not in Canada. It should be a Bylaw requirement in all cities. It would also help to locate this equipment toward the street.
:cursor:
fentazelb

Re: Noisy Air Conditioners and pool pumps.

Post by fentazelb »

i think theres a term for this.......................................................suck it up buttercup

or mayby you would like some cheese with that, oh wait its melted cause i dont have my a/c on and it hot out.

seriously

reminds me of a facebook pic i seen the other day that read something like this:

hey this is a farm
farms have animals that make smells and have sex outdoors
if you are not for sex outdoors dont by the property next to this one
BigBadBootyDaddy
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by BigBadBootyDaddy »

Must be nice to have such serious problems...Seriously, is that all people in Kelowna do? *bleep* about everything? I have never seem a more complaining group of people anywhere.
You don't love her because she is beautiful, she is beautiful, because you love her
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

You could put an acoustic sound screen over yer window. That would help us all. Thanks
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
fentazelb

Post by fentazelb »

guys knock it off the keyboard clicking is keeping me awake
Sn0man
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Sn0man »

nepal wrote:I'm trying to relax on my deck, but can't because of my neighbor's noisy air conditioner. When I go to bed, I would like to open the window and let in the cool, fresh, night air, but can't, due to my neighbour's noisy air conditioner. And if not that, it's a pool pump on the other side.
I think someone could have a good business, producing and installing acoustic sound screens. I see them on the web in the USA, but not in Canada. It should be a Bylaw requirement in all cities. It would also help to locate this equipment toward the street.

LOL. Deal with it.

I wonder if your neighbor is thinking the same thing about your air conditioner.
Sunshine tax rebate recipient
Sn0man
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Sn0man »

fentazelb wrote:guys knock it off the keyboard clicking is keeping me awake

I kid you not I had a neighbor complain about this once. Couldn't freaking believe it. I wasn't in that place very long.
Sunshine tax rebate recipient
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

nepal wrote:I'm trying to relax on my deck, but can't because of my neighbor's noisy air conditioner. When I go to bed, I would like to open the window and let in the cool, fresh, night air, but can't, due to my neighbour's noisy air conditioner. And if not that, it's a pool pump on the other side.

snOman
LOL. Deal with it.

I wonder if your neighbor is thinking the same thing about your air conditioner.

Usually someone who complains about someone elses comfort does so because he doesnt have same.
If he had one too he wouldnt hear his neighbor's AC over his own.
When you move close to the airport you eventually dont hear the planes coming in if you dont dwell on thier noise.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Get your own air conditioner and it will cancel out their sound. :dyinglaughing:
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Lolvo240

Post by Lolvo240 »

BigBadBootyDaddy wrote:Must be nice to have such serious problems...Seriously, is that all people in Kelowna do? *bleep* about everything? I have never seem a more complaining group of people anywhere.

I could not agree more, good old Whine Country....
FreeRights wrote:Posting opinions is fine. Posting disgusting amounts of misinformation and comments of a brain dead nature are different. If you post opinions, better be able to defend them.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

It's not impossible that the offending machinery is in need of some simple maintenance that could quieten its operation somewhat. If the neighbours' machinery is really noisy, like really really noisy, you may have some recourse through the city. Most noise bylaws these days are sophisticated enough to specify allowable decibel levels and if the machinery is too loud it is easily shown through a simple measurement and the neighbours can be forced to deal with it. Of course if it's not in contravention of any bylaws you might be back to the buttercup strategy.
Last edited by fluffy on Aug 6th, 2012, 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Forget the cheapy ear plugs. Go Big or Go Home, buy a place in the country, far enough away from your neighbor so you won't hear their air conditioner. Of course you will have to hear lawnmowers, sprinklers, bees collecting their honey, dogs barking, night owls screetching, coyotes howling, roosters crowing, geese passing overhead, cattle lowing, and a few cat fights. And those damn birds that start singing at daybreak. No doubt you will be the one calling the conservation officer because a bear or deer craps on your property, or Oh My God, I saw a coyote passing through.
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

Put a fan in your bedroom, the white noise cancels out everything. As for outside...yah suck it up.
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

Thanks for all your kind thoughts guys and gals.
I have found a product that may help http://www.quietfence.com/testimonials.shtml
Apart from making one, does anyone know who sells such noise screens in Kelowna?
I will put one around my own AC.
Attachments
Example of noise fence
Example of noise fence
Last edited by nepal on Aug 6th, 2012, 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Grab Bag”