Freebies!

A potpourri of off-topics.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Freebies!

Post by Queen K »

Fir Flooring. Freshly removed.

If you can eke out a floor from it, good on you. The edges are rough and there is lots of splintering, it's really dry. Right now it's sitting in snow as of today.

But I think it's just firewood, free for the taking. Have a truck or a skill saw to cut the long pieces which are up to 11 feet.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Well don't everyone jump in at once.

Doesn't anyone need camping firewood? Or for the outdoor fire place around the cabin after xc skiing? Or wood flooring for a small cabin or garden shed?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

If you don't get a reply on here, you can always put it on free cycle, but then be prepared for 200 responses LOL
Give people time to get home from work and put their feet up, I've had free stuff on here for days or even weeks before it went. Not everybody is subscribed to this thread but will read it periodically. Give it time, it usually takes more than an hr or 2. I'm sure you will get a reply. :)
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Hi Binky, yes you are right of course. While they are hauling out the fir wood, they can haul out the firewood on the deck too. It's free too.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I have a lot of snow someone is welcome to take :) Just wishful dreaming. Oh, there are leaves beneath the snow, yours as well
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

Queen K wrote:Fir Flooring. Freshly removed.

If you can eke out a floor from it, good on you. The edges are rough and there is lots of splintering, it's really dry. Right now it's sitting in snow as of today.

But I think it's just firewood, free for the taking. Have a truck or a skill saw to cut the long pieces which are up to 11 feet.

How much wood is there Queen K?
What dimensions are the planks?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Boda wrote:
Queen K wrote:Fir Flooring. Freshly removed.

How much wood is there Queen K?
What dimensions are the planks?

I took the boards out of two rooms measuring 270 sq/ft. The planks are wide by today's standards. However, with so much damage to them, you might get about 100 sq/ft out of them if you are careful with the cutting. I don't recommend them for an actual floor that is used a lot because of colour variations. I recommend a hearty wood burning situation.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

I am in desperate need to rent 2 adult life jackets for this Monday until the following Sat. We had a couple but the deal fell through at the last minute. Checked sports rent, nada. I am now in panic mode, as this is a fishing trip and although the cabin supplies a rustic 12 foot car topper boat, we are not going to feel safe without life jackets, not only that but it's the law. Can anybody help me out? :skyisfalling:
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

normaM wrote:I have a lot of snow someone is welcome to take :) Just wishful dreaming. Oh, there are leaves beneath the snow, yours as well

I'll take yer snow Norma, do you still have it?

Sorry Binky, got rid of mine a few years ago.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Star Light
Guru

Post by Star Light »

binky11 wrote:I am in desperate need to rent 2 adult life jackets for this Monday until the following Sat. We had a couple but the deal fell through at the last minute. Checked sports rent, nada. I am now in panic mode, as this is a fishing trip and although the cabin supplies a rustic 12 foot car topper boat, we are not going to feel safe without life jackets, not only that but it's the law. Can anybody help me out? :skyisfalling:

Check out this link http://www.sportsrentkelowna.com/water-equip-misc.html, hope they can help you out.
Life is what happens while we are making plans for tomorrow
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Star Light wrote:
binky11 wrote:I am in desperate need to rent 2 adult life jackets for this Monday until the following Sat. We had a couple but the deal fell through at the last minute. Checked sports rent, nada. I am now in panic mode, as this is a fishing trip and although the cabin supplies a rustic 12 foot car topper boat, we are not going to feel safe without life jackets, not only that but it's the law. Can anybody help me out? :skyisfalling:

Check out this link http://www.sportsrentkelowna.com/water-equip-misc.html, hope they can help you out.

Yeah, like I said, I tried them, and nothing, thanks anyway, keeps the idea's coming though peeps lol
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Bsuds wrote:http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/5/SportsRec/Marine/LifejacketsPFDs/PRD~0791926P/Universal%252BKeyhole%252BPFD.jsp?locale=en

$20.00 ea.

Yeah, same price at Walmart too, however, to spend $50.00 to use them for 5 days, aaghhhhhh! Then they are no good to me after that. Maybe we will just tie milk jugs around our necks :dyinglaughing: Think the game warden would go for that? LOL

Just thought someone might have a couple laying around they are not using for those 5 days, maybe in exchange for some beer or something lol
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

I have 2 you can borrow for a 6 pack...call me tomorrow and come get them :sunshine:
Star Light
Guru

Post by Star Light »

Puffy wrote:I have 2 you can borrow for a 6 pack...call me tomorrow and come get them :sunshine:

:tookewl: Puffy, a solution has been found. :smt023
Life is what happens while we are making plans for tomorrow

Return to “Grab Bag”