$950 to see a doctor at KGH! Really?

A potpourri of off-topics.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: $950 to see a doctor at KGH! Really?

Post by Glacier »

Otter wrote:Umm...wouldn't you have to be paying income tax in that province to qualify for the medical card?

Depends on your income level... though, there are ways around the system. For example, there are 9 million Care Cards in BC even though there are less than 5 million people. The government is very concerned that people are using our medical system don't actually live here 6 months a year, and thus they are going to put expiry dates on cards in the future.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Glacier wrote:The government is very concerned that people are using our medical system don't actually live here 6 months a year, and thus they are going to put expiry dates on cards in the future.

Would that be a reason why they're now going to be tying the Care Card to the new drivers license?
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Phoenix Within wrote:Would that be a reason why they're now going to be tying the Care Card to the new drivers license?

You have a choice ... you can get a new care card or have it noted on your DL.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

oneh2obabe wrote:You have a choice ... you can get a new care card or have it noted on your DL.

I might be wrong but the way I read it is it will go on driver's licences and those not holding a DL will go to the DL issuing agency for their care card as well. So whether there will be a choice or not to have it on the DL I am not sure, bets are they will use the DL if there is one issued and if not peeps will have to go get a medical card otherwise. I think thats why they are giving 5 years so people can renew as their DL issue date comes up.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
process99
Board Meister

Post by process99 »

Roadster wrote:I might be wrong but the way I read it is it will go on driver's licences and those not holding a DL will go to the DL issuing agency for their care card as well. So whether there will be a choice or not to have it on the DL I am not sure, bets are they will use the DL if there is one issued and if not peeps will have to go get a medical card otherwise. I think thats why they are giving 5 years so people can renew as their DL issue date comes up.

This card is not new. Its only new because most people failed to see it coming or just choose not to believe it is. This card will be your identity, both physically and fiancially. If you choose not to drive then you won't get the DL endorsement( THE #). If you choose to opt out of BC Medical you won't get that endorsement ect. This card will eventually contain ALL your information the govt currently uses about 5 cards for. It will travel with you since its your DL and you cannot drive without it legally. It will be your old care card, it will be your sin card. Once the govts either globally or individually combine their banks it will also become your bank card and or anything else your gonna need.

Show me your papers, please.

Some deny this will happen, like I said in the beginning and some have seen it coming for a very long time.. People often talked about a two tier society well this is how it looks in its very infancy. There will be those who opt in to the system, you know the ones with the cards who really don't care either way and then there will be the ones who opt out of the system. Those would be the ones who don't get the cards and either do it as a form of protest or just becuase they dont drive, or get counted or use banks . Those with the cards get counted and those without don't. Those with the cards get access to the things the card is programmed for and those without don't. On and on it goes. Some of us have seen this coming for some time and have many things to say about it. Just remember for NOW you can opt out with no other penaltys above the prescibed opt out (no DL don't drive or no MSP pay as you go).

This is how separation is done and eventually there will either be a no opt out allowed by neccessity or legal reasons. Its about now all the lefty's are screamin Ill just opt out, till they remove the cash. Once thats done you won't have any legal options just remeber that.Its been said before and Ive said it again now.
Once thats done you just replace the word card with chip and your counted OR your not.

So think about what happened when the DMV was quietly combined with the ICBC, you remember that don't ya? Sorta like the OSMV and the DUI ticket nonsense.
Remeber when people discovered your license would be witheld for ICBC fines?
Just imagine whats gonna happen when they can withold anything they want for anything they want because we let it happen.
So you have been warned if you owe MSP any monies and you like driving or having MSP and SIN number and bank card best get any of those outstanding bills payed pronto, you got about a year left. grin
I personally haven't decided what I am going to do myself with regards to this govt combination of MY resources but I know some who have chosen to just opt out because they are tired of the garbage and sick of playin the game. They just hope they die before the swap is complete.
My personal opinion is its good for govt but its not good for people. The days of govt for the people by the people is long dead and this is just another form of control over you and your resources. Combining govt does not make it more streamlined but it does make it far more powerful on an idividual level with regards to controlling what you do. Remeber democracy and govt only lasts 300 years, then what? This is not a good thing nor is it about saving you money ect. This is whole and completely about controlling an out of control population and its limited resources.

P99
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Well P99, for starters the phrase "The days of govt for the people by the people is long dead", is actually "government of the people, by the people, for the people", and it doesn't really matter if it's dead or not because it comes from American politics, not Canadian.

I suspect there has been a huge problem of non Canadians obtaining health services by tendering a Canadian relative's or friend's Care Card. Since there is no photo of the patient, even weight and height, it's open to abuse. Any system that curbs that problem, I'm all for.

As for amalgamating the SIN card into the driver's license, that would be a first. The Provincial Government cooperating with the Federal ??? I strongly doubt it. But if it happens, so what. I haven't seen my SIN card for decades, I just remember the number.

As for amalgamating several cards into one ? I'm all for it.

Now if only someone could amalgamate all the customer loyalty cards into one !

The sky is not falling. but if you think so, perhaps investigate becoming a Freeman on the Land.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

my5cents wrote:
As for amalgamating the SIN card into the driver's license, that would be a first. The Provincial Government cooperating with the Federal ???

Umm? BC Medical and BC Drivers Licence, where does the Federal Gov't fit in there?

I think amalgamating the 2 makes sense. One less card to carry.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Bsuds wrote:Umm? BC Medical and BC Drivers Licence, where does the Federal Gov't fit in there?

I think amalgamating the 2 makes sense. One less card to carry.

I do too.

I was refering to P99's comment : "So you have been warned if you owe MSP any monies and you like driving or having MSP and SIN number and bank card best get any of those outstanding bills payed pronto, you got about a year left."
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Oops sorry missed that.

I wouldn't mind if they incorporated all cards into one. Just give us a number at birth and it covers you for everything for the rest of your life. Phone number included!

Now watch the CT's jump on that one. :dyinglaughing:
Otter
Board Meister

Post by Otter »

How will street people obtain the new DL/Medical Card? Don't you need a permanent address to get a DL?

They can get a Medical Card through the street programs, but I doubt a DL.

Just wondering.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Otter wrote:How will street people obtain the new DL/Medical Card? Don't you need a permanent address to get a DL?

They can get a Medical Card through the street programs, but I doubt a DL.

Just wondering.

I believe it's going to be an either/or situation. I believe the new Medical cards will have photo ID attached to it, or they will be tied into your DL when you renew.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Bsuds wrote:Oops sorry missed that.

I wouldn't mind if they incorporated all cards into one. Just give us a number at birth and it covers you for everything for the rest of your life. Phone number included!

Now watch the CT's jump on that one. :dyinglaughing:

I agree too, one card for everything, now if they try to stamp that number on my forehead I might not agree so quickly.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

So, with these 'new' cards, if you have not been employed and have not paid into MSP will it be impossible for you to renew your Driver's License until you have paid your MSP premiums (same as you cannot renew your DL if you have outstanding MV tickets?)

Ah, governments LIKE to have control.....
Chill
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Would how its paid for make a difference on the card itself?
I am betting the ownership of the card is what matters on the card as long as the account is paid by someone. If not paid they would send a bill and then maybe this will mess with your licence... But then someone like FC would have his paid on time or registered, what ever the case is and he wouldnt be looking at a doctor visit in ER as a grand out of pocket.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Roadster wrote:I agree too, one card for everything, now if they try to stamp that number on my forehead I might not agree so quickly.

Nah it should be a large barcode on yer Butt! :127:

Return to “Grab Bag”