You know you're a Canuck when ...

A potpourri of off-topics.
bidwell2
Fledgling

You know you're a Canuck when ...

Post by bidwell2 »

You've diligently stowed away Canadian Tire money in the drawer for 2 years, and you have $3.75, not quite enough to cover the cost of gas to get there.
twofingers
Board Meister

Re: You know you're a Canuck when ...

Post by twofingers »

"Double Double" is not a speech impediment
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

"Idle no more" is not something you plan to do with your car...
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Somebody steps on your toe and you say "I'm sorry".
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Post by GenuinelyInterested »

Two intersecting drivers both arrive at a four-way stop at the same time, and there are numerous hand signals/waving while waiting for the other to cross before them. SOME Canucks are sooooo courteous.

WE are truly a GREAT people, living in the BEST country in the world. It's really too bad that the whole world were not more similar. SSSshhhhhhuuuuusssssh, let's keep it our little secret.....okay?
twofingers
Board Meister

Post by twofingers »

You know what a Beaumont car is
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

You applaude for the Ref's at a hockey game....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
twofingers
Board Meister

Post by twofingers »

OK that's going TOO far...............................
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Uh oh .... We have a "transplant" in the mix !!! :dyinglaughing:
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

GenuinelyInterested wrote:Two intersecting drivers both arrive at a four-way stop at the same time, and there are numerous hand signals/waving while waiting for the other to cross before them.

This is BC thing, because everywhere else drivers will gladly take the right away for you if you feel like wasting everyone's time at a intersection. There are rules, follow them.

People just love to stop randomly for pedestrians and invent crosswalks in BC as well.
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Post by GenuinelyInterested »

GenuinelyInterested wrote:Two intersecting drivers both arrive at a four-way stop at the same time, and there are numerous hand signals/waving while waiting for the other to cross before them.

SurplusElect wrote:This is BC thing, because everywhere else drivers will gladly take the right away for you if you feel like wasting everyone's time at a intersection. There are rules, follow them.

People just love to stop randomly for pedestrians and invent crosswalks in BC as well.

And you see this as a bad thing?
Tero
Board Meister

Post by Tero »

SurplusElect wrote:This is BC thing, because everywhere else drivers will gladly take the right away for you if you feel like wasting everyone's time at a intersection. There are rules, follow them.

oh, this is such a huge pet peeve of mine!! It's sooo unsafe to do this. Sure it seems kind, but what if you're stopping for someone to cross the road (not on a crosswalk) and the guy behind you decides to blow around you on the right? Smushed pedestrain!

Also, not folling the rules of the road and being "polite" (for example, waving someone through a light when it's not their right away) but if there's an accident you'll be screwed insurance wise because you did not have the right of way.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

It's important to be predictable, and that is best attained by having everyone on the same page. I hate to generalize, but elderly drivers are the worst offenders for inappropriate courtesy. I've actually had one stop in a traffic circle and motion me to enter from an access point.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

if you have over ten pounds of moose or deer meat in the freezer at all times.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

. . if any beer under 6% is considered good only for pouring on your "Shreddies" in the morning.

Return to “Grab Bag”