Recommend a good place to buy carpet?

A potpourri of off-topics.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Recommend a good place to buy carpet?

Post by binky11 »

I have been to a few carpet stores in Kelowna, and have formed somewhat of an opinion on them. However, I also seen some possible "red flags" to be aware of too. I am just wondering if anybody has had terrific or terrible dealings some of these places such as with End of the Roll on Banks Rd, or Nu-Floors ect? Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks :)

*if you have negative business review to give use private messaging!*/ferri
ShannonG
Board Meister

Re: Recommend a good place to buy carpet?

Post by ShannonG »

Unbelievably, while my good friends waited what seemed like forever for their carpet to arrive and then suffered a terrible install job by one of the 'premium' flooring places locally, their friends got carpet ordered and installed to theit satisfaction by Home Depot. To this day I think the Home Depot customers are happier, and paid less.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

NO negative reviews of local businesses and services./ferri
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Are they allowed to pm me? hehe
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Do you need wall-to-wall carpet or simply area rugs?
Chill
momofthree
Fledgling

Post by momofthree »

We have had Danburg install carpets in two of our homes. Service has been great, although we didn't shop around much as the first time we used them they were one of two businesses recommended by our restoration company, and they proved their knowledge and expertise, where the other business just fell way short and gave me the run around. When we needed new carpet in our new home we just went straight to them.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

ShannonG wrote:Unbelievably, while my good friends waited what seemed like forever for their carpet to arrive and then suffered a terrible install job by one of the 'premium' flooring places locally, their friends got carpet ordered and installed to theit satisfaction by Home Depot. To this day I think the Home Depot customers are happier, and paid less.

They sub contract the installers.
Last edited by fall on Jan 27th, 2014, 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

flamingfingers wrote:Do you need wall-to-wall carpet or simply area rugs?

A living room and dining room,wall to wall.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

*negative business review removed*/ferri
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Modern Paint and Floors. it's a small family run business that has been it Kelowna for many years. They are on Spall Rd.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Panzer130
Board Meister

Post by Panzer130 »

You can pay inflated prices to cover the cost of all those big fancy show rooms and sales staff: or you can get the same product and better service where the builders purchase.......

OK Builders on Ellis. Not a real pretty store. Not a big fancy flooring center, but they carry everything you need for flooring at awesome prices. Ask for Ken to do your install. He is NOT mister personality, but he is one of the best installers in this town.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

before posting in this thread read the rules!

NO negative reviews of local businesses and services.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3627
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
401tk

Post by 401tk »

I used OK Builders last winter for my entire upstairs. Comb of carpet and laminate. Could not be happier!!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

I've heard a lot of good things about Home Depot but we've never dealt with them as of yet but friends have recommended them.

We had an insurance claim recently where some of the flooring had to get replaced and the insurance company went with one of the "specialty" flooring franchises, long story short we will never be dealing with that store again ... period. They tore up what they weren't supposed to, argued with us over replacing baseboards, agreeing on a certain underlay and then installing a cheaper one while we weren't at home (hoping we didn't notice), leaving nasty emails and voice messages over our complaints, etc. Apparently, one of the employees who was causing most of the problems no longer works there and his replacement is now "cleaning up his mess" but the new guy is pretty well useless as well.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
GT500

Post by GT500 »

I would suggest that you by your carpet then look for an independent installer. There are some very good people in this town and will look after you better than any store will. You will also get the chance to meet the installer before it is installed and if you don't feel ,comfortable with the installer you have the option not to use them. If you get the store to do it you have no ides who will be coming into your home. If you would like a couple of names send me a message I know a couple of installers that are very good, clean and reliable. I have used them for my home and would recommend them to anyone I know.

Return to “Grab Bag”