Recommend a good place to buy carpet?

A potpourri of off-topics.
zerograv
Banned

Re: Recommend a good place to buy carpet?

Post by zerograv »

depot will sub to the lowest bidder.
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Interior Floor Connection on Baron........local guy, great service
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

zerograv wrote:depot will sub to the lowest bidder.

Most do
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Thanks for the feedback :) All we decided on as a definate as of yet is that we want nylon and we want a brownish color, who knew there were 1487 shades of brown lol It's so dang hard to tell by a 2x2 inch sample.
We did bring samples home from Home Depot, and we found the exact color we wanted only to discover it was polyester, having a heck of a time finding the right color in nylon.
Never though of Ok builders, and just assumed that we would be getting it installed from whomever we bought it from, but yes I know most places do sub contract the installation.
Never dreamed picking out a carpet would be such pain. Brands, material, colors, pricing, underlay, installation ect ect.
Anyway was wanting originally to get feedback from a couple of the local business's, good or bad. If bad, please feel free to pm me. Appreciate it :))
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

It took us a couple of years to decide (agree) on new carpeting for the family rm. lol
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Bsuds wrote:It took us a couple of years to decide (agree) on new carpeting for the family rm. lol

A couple of years? lol Maybe we are not being that bad then, it's been a couple of weeks.
But like I said, there is so much to consider, you don't want to end up with something you are not going to like and then be stuck with it for the rest of your life. Just so hard to tell by a 2x2 inch sample.
I thought we were decided on both color and where to buy from, now, not so sure. I hope the rest of the re-modelling won't be such a hassle.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

Dannburg Flooring is awesome.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

binky11 wrote:A couple of years? lol Maybe we are not being that bad then, it's been a couple of weeks.

We weren't in a hurry and were casually looking when out and about. Waiting for a sale etc.
tryscotty
Fledgling

Post by tryscotty »

Anyone who wishes to pm negative (short) reviews please do. I'm thinking of new flooring as well this spring. We should have a thread on why bad reviews are important in public forums btw. Is there one already?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

tryscotty wrote:Anyone who wishes to pm negative (short) reviews please do. I'm thinking of new flooring as well this spring. We should have a thread on why bad reviews are important in public forums btw. Is there one already?

That info is not hard to find as to why they are not allowed.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36403
tryscotty
Fledgling

Post by tryscotty »

Bsuds wrote:That info is not hard to find as to why they are not allowed.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36403
oh. I still think it's a cop out so as not to offend advertisers. I can guarantee that yelp, trip advisor, urbanspoon do not review most of their reviews, so how can they get away with it? In fact a local review site would be nice. Whatever though, I'll play by the rules and write good and bad reviews on other sites. And a big PS THE ENTIRE THREAD ABOUT YELLOW PAGE ADVERTISING IS NEGATIVE. LOL. They are a business you know. A declining worthless waste of paper one at that. Should I have wrote that in the very long, been up for days thread about that?
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

tryscotty wrote:oh. I still think it's a cop out so as not to offend advertisers. I can guarantee that yelp, trip advisor, urbanspoon do not review most of their reviews, so how can they get away with it? In fact a local review site would be nice. Whatever though, I'll play by the rules and write good and bad reviews on other sites.

Tripadvisor does pre-approve posts. Not sure about the others.

Call it a cop-out if you will, but most people are quite able to figure out from the good reviews where to go (hint: the places recommended).
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Well I wanted to post that we finally did end up buying our carpet and having it installed today. We went with Ok Builders and I appreciate all who recommended them. Their prices were by far the most reasonable and the installer, also from OK Builders, was very fast and efficient. Ended up being very happy with the whole experience.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

*removed/take it to private message!*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 18th, 2014, 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Great news binky! Glad to hear you found a good place. :)

Danielson, the rules have been the rules as long as I can remember. Would you complain if you went to someone's house and they said "no smoking", even if you were a chain smoker? Their house, their rules. They have their reasons.
I haven't failed until I quit.

Return to “Grab Bag”