Gas $143.9

A potpourri of off-topics.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Gas $ 143.9

Post by Bsuds »

I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Get a Tesla.

The sun doesn't raise its rates when you need it most.

You think the government will "do something for the people?" Your government works for the oil companies, not for Canadians.

Screw both those groups. See ya!
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

http://www.bcgasprices.com/index.aspx?a ... =A&intro=Y
Here are some prices in other places:
Kamloops: $1.36
Salmon Arm $1.38
Sicamous: $1.38
Revelstoke: $1.33
Enderby: $1.34
Vernon: $1.43
Lumby: $1.42
Kelowna: $1.43
Peachland: $1.43
Summerland: $1.37
Penticton: $1.35
Oliver: $1.39
Osoyoos: $1.39
Grand Forks $1.49
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

wanderer wrote:http://www.bcgasprices.com/index.aspx?area=Kelowna&dl=Y&fuel=A&intro=Y
Salmon Arm $1.38
Grand Forks $1.49

8 cents cheaper in Penticton then Kelowna and they're also 1 cent cheaper than Kamloops - thought they kept telling us its all transportation costs ;)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

GoStumpy wrote:Having not read the thread, but expecting one like this, I already thought of my response....

Supply and Demand.

Demand goes up bigtime at long weekends.

Therefore price goes up.

Seems pretty much business as usual to me!

Dizzy1 wrote:More demand then supply - price jumps. More supply then demand - price jumps. Equal demand and supply - price jumps. Kim Kardasian gets a new hair style - price jumps. Strange how the price always jumps up but never drops down - just trickles once the supply meets the demand

Telling me you've never seen the price go down?

Do you live here?

The price was 124.9 only a few months ago... you know, in the winter when there is less demand... Went down many times from last summers near $1.50 price.. eventually it goes down. Maybe not quite as low but it isn't going to be $1.43 from now on, unless you wear a tinfoil hat.
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

GoStumpy wrote:Telling me you've never seen the price go down?

No - I said the price never drops - it trickles. 1 cent here maybe 2 cents here.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

wanderer wrote:http://www.bcgasprices.com/index.aspx?area=Kelowna&dl=Y&fuel=A&intro=Y
Salmon Arm $1.38
Grand Forks $1.49

Revelstoke is the cheapest on that list. Yet being located where it is along the transcanda, most people fuel up there before proceeding up that hill, or coming down, it probably sells the most gas out of every other town on that list, especially on a long weekend. So much for the supply and demand theory
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

vinnied wrote:. So much for the supply and demand theory

Actually the supply and demand theory has just been modified a bit.
Big Oil controls the supply so they can demand anything they want.
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Dizzy1 wrote:More demand then supply - price jumps. More supply then demand - price jumps. Equal demand and supply - price jumps. Kim Kardasian gets a new hair style - price jumps. Strange how the price always jumps up but never drops down - just trickles once the supply meets the demand

Could have somthing to do with oil being a NON-renewable resource?
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
polelady
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by polelady »

Price Jumps 10 cents per litre and QUICK
Now correct me if I am wrong.. just want to point out.. as soon as I noticed the jump to 143.9 on the westside.. I looked at Gas Buddy.ca and ALL yes ALL the stations where at that price( West Kelowna that is ) instantly... and it was still less in Kelowna, Summerland and Penticton.. can not remember Peachland sorry... so what does this tell us... WESTBANK/West Kelowna is a rip off price gouging area to say the least.. , as for the shortage.. BS,, I talked to my brother in Edmonton and they where saying on the radio to fill up soon as the price is still 112.9 in Edmonton.. and that was Friday late afternoon... and not talk of shortage..
All I can say.. is where is that older gentleman that used to stand on the main street with his signs , way back some years to boycott this price gouging.. and yes it is GOUGING ,, he did not get it to move back down.. but was ONE HELL of a nice guy to see how ONE person was telling the public to purchase elsewhere not on the Westside.. as I recall..
Have a great long weekend tourists ....
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

monroe wrote:
Could have somthing to do with oil being a NON-renewable resource?

Would be a more consistent price climb and not wild fluctuations every time some oil refinery worker calls in sick
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

With regards to the random gouging, im not saying there isnt an element of collusion amongst the muckymuks. At the of the day whether its sporadic or consistent, the price will continue to rise.

I graduated in '91. The price of gas at that time in Red Deer was about .70¢. In close to 25 years its doubled. I can live with that.

Not sure if the scenario will be the same for my kids...
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

This is nothing new, We all know about how we get gouged for gas in BC, but nobody wants to step up and do anything about it. Clearly our government isn't willing to do anything about it either. It's an issue that we should be reaching out to them to do something about, or that a new contender should attempt to resolve. Instead we continually elect the same MP, the same MLA, the same Mayor.

Ron Cannon? Norm Letnick? Walter Gray? Anyone want to stand up for your constituents and fight for fair pricing next to the rest of the province?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
delSol97
Board Meister

Post by delSol97 »

Gas prices in oil producing nations in the Middle East is around 25cents a litre.

Canada produces more oil than it uses.

We are getting gouged.

Return to “Grab Bag”