Out-dated garage sale signs

A potpourri of off-topics.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Out-dated garage sale signs

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Here is how to fix them, get a Sharpie, same color ink.
Now change the date to following weekend ..and the next..
Start time, change to 6 am..
Then write on there , early birds WELCOME..

That ought to get their attention..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Casus Belli

Re: Out dated Garage Sale signs..

Post by Casus Belli »

Well, how about that. I thought I was the only one who felt like that. Either that, or going up to the house myself at 8:00 am and pounding loudly on the door....
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Since most people drive by there own outdated signs, why not right down something like 1234 main ARE STUPID PEOPLE. Write somethng insulting on them.

Or just do the old stand by, and put the sign on their door step with a pile of dog poo on it.

It's especially irritating when you drive to totally out of your way and than find out it's an old sign.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Is it really that big a deal?

You would seriously bang on the door early morning because an out dated sign? Try that at my house, the outcome will be interesting.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Out dated yard sale signs bug me.
I've went to many sales just to be told "oh that was last week".
Imo they should get a ticket for littering.
The city allows them to put up the signs on public property without any fees so the respectful thing they can do is take them down when they're done.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

It is sad that people can not pick up after themselves!! No accountability these days.
Beerhunter341
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Beerhunter341 »

I thought there was a bylaw regarding this. Perhaps it just needs to be enforced. Wouldn't be difficult to find the owners of the signs. However, I guess someone with a grudge could simply put up a sign pointing to someone elses house
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Some people treat this earth like it is their personal garbage can. From garage sale signs forgotten about to an old couch left on the side of a back road. The only reason why bottle collecting is so lucrative is because people are pigs. We have community groups like Rotary volunteering their time to pick up garbage along the roadways and we also pay roadway maintenance companies to pick up the garbage, what a waste of resources, if only we would clean up after ourselves.

Maybe more cities should have a garage sale sign by-law like Calgary. http://www.calgary.ca/CSPS/ABS/Pages/Bylaws-by-topic/Signage.aspx

"Garage sale signs
A maximum of three garage sale signs may be posted for the purpose of advertising the sale. These may be posted on the day prior to and the day of the sale.
The name of the owner of the sign, their address, phone number and the date the sign was posted must be included on the front of the sign."
LivinginKelowna
Board Meister

Re: Out-dated garage sale signs

Post by LivinginKelowna »

Huge pet peeve of mine for sure.

I really like the idea of writing on them for the next weekend and the weekend after and 7am starts LOL
LivinginKelowna
Board Meister

Post by LivinginKelowna »

skydawg wrote:Is it really that big a deal?

You would seriously bang on the door early morning because an out dated sign? Try that at my house, the outcome will be interesting.

that's ripe
Attachments
crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Casus Belli wrote:Well, how about that. I thought I was the only one who felt like that. Either that, or going up to the house myself at 8:00 am and pounding loudly on the door....
Yeah, you wouldn't want to do that for sure. You know what kind of people have garage sales don't you?
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Busdriver1964
Fledgling

Post by Busdriver1964 »

\We could take the high road...
I don't like them either but....

If we have time . remove the signs....
. let the seller know the signs are still up??
other options... ???? Call them??
Last edited by Busdriver1964 on Jul 9th, 2014, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Call them?

When the offending sign says, "1990 High Road, 8 am, this Saturday"? Only "this Saturday" was last Saturday. Whom are we calling?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

have a $50 bylaw fine for each sign left up
Gelfling

Post by Gelfling »

Following a sign that is weathered with no balloon, to an unlisted sale, is at your own risk.
I'm sure that simply taking the sign down on your way past, would be a far better solution. If you want to feel good afterwards, instead of angry.
We need community peg boards. One in each area, glenmore, rutland, mission, kettle valley, downtown etc, could be plexiglassed with a mailbox, changed weekly. for rentals, baby sitting, garage sales etc.
or even better, electronic, pay by use, billboards,

Return to “Grab Bag”