Target cheaper than Walmart

A potpourri of off-topics.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Re: Target cheaper than Walmart

Post by Symbonite »

matai wrote:For Walmart. remember Jonquière? Their employees onionized... they closed the store:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/scc-orde ... -1.1889144

For Loblaw, the Temiscaming store is in Lock-out since 2012. The employees recently WALKED 650km to the Loblaw Head office located in Brampton ON and the company still won't listen to them. The population still have to drive an hour to get to the closest grocery store, located in North Bay. These people are fighting for $11-12/h jobs. Now talk about perseverance and how Loblaw keeps the population hostage of their business practices.

Little Birdie (information that i got from a employee at Superstore) is that their Union have asked the members to not only pay for their union dues but pay extra per cheque for a "strike fund"

she said something about the company wants to cap out at 14 dollars an hour.

if recent memory serves me...anyone that stikes loses.....I told her not to vote yes because your will be better of working than not working.

Too keep the prices down that the consumers want..they have to pay the employees less. or Raise price to pay Employees..but no sales because shoppers moved on
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
monroe
Übergod

Re: Target cheaper than Walmart

Post by monroe »

WeatherWoman wrote:
Overwaitea isn't local. It's owned by the Jim Pattison group!

http://jimpattison.com/

It's just as local as Safeway or IGA or Shoppers Drug Mart etc.

Sorry, i should have clairified. I guess more Canadian owned than local. The chain also has its roots here in BC, i believe.

In the grand scheme i know it doesnt mean much but its somthing we identify with, so we shop there.
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM

Return to “Grab Bag”