Dad's 'Teenage Instructional Videos'

A potpourri of off-topics.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Dad's 'Teenage Instructional Videos'

Post by oneh2obabe »

Our favourite passive-aggressive dad is back. This time, he’s teaching his kids how to load the dishwasher.

A few weeks ago, Will Reid, a father of two, launched an instructional video series on how to do chores, hoping his teenage children would learn a thing or two.

The first lesson: how to change a toilet paper roll.

"Obviously me telling them face-to-face is not working," he told his kids, James and Beth, in the video, “so I’ve tried to be creative and I’ve come up with the idea of using social media to try and reach you.”

The simple lesson was viewed more than 4 million views.

Now he’s moving on to Lesson #2.

"Well here it is! The tricky second video," Reid wrote on Facebook. “I honestly didn’t think there would be another one as the first one was spontaneous and meant as a joke. A joke that seems to have struck a chord with quite a few people!!”

”All I ask is please don’t take any of this too seriously. It is all just a bit of fun and who knows, maybe James and Beth may one day actually load the dishwasher or change the toilet roll?!! Sandra and I certainly hope so!!”

The second video focuses on the complicated task of placing dirty dishes into a dishwasher.

"It’s nice to know that there are parents out there enjoying raising teenage kids as much as I am," he says at the beginning of the video before launching into the dishwasher-loading lesson.

First, he differentiates between dishes and garbage. Then he demonstrates a simple loading technique. (Essentially: put dirty dishes in the dishwasher.)

And just like last time, he offers an “advanced level”: pushing some buttons that “look like the buttons on your Xbox or Playstation” and actually running the dishwasher.

Thanks to the success of his ‘Teenage Instructional Videos,’ Reid is now selling T-shirts and mugs, some of which include QR codes linking to the lessons you don’t want your kids to ever forget.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Dad's 'Teenage Instructional Videos'

Post by kgcayenne »

Love it.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I need to send a link to the dishwasher one to MrsS. She says it's supposed to be "automatic" and should do it all on it's own.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

^^^Let us know how that works out for you.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “Grab Bag”