Who on earth am I?

A potpourri of off-topics.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Who on earth am I?

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

because omisimaw figures he/she knows who i am, and such a thought seems to be detrimental to the integrity of at least one other thread, i have created this.

when i first came to this castanet forum some 4 or so years ago now, i did so to reach the people of the westside.

since then, i have continued to use this forum to reach the people of the okanagan, and also the people of bc and even 'canada'.

i have chosen to use this forum frequently, but not exclusively, because it is populated with people of my/our community, people that have similar concerns, and similar perspectives.

i also know that i am reaching people all over bc, 'canada' and even the world. i know very well that members of regional, municipal, provincial, and 'federal' 'governments' read what we post here, all the more reason to participate.

even before i made the decision to branch out from my original issue, i did so knowing it may mean that at some point my 'meatspace' identity may come to light. as time has passed, i have become quite aware that no one has figured out who i am. this does surprise me.

within that first thread i started, nebula in particular rubbed me the wrong way, and so i figured out his/her real world identity and went to have a look, just to be sure this person was not a threat. satisfied, i never bothered to look again, but naturally then knowing, i would would recognize from then on,

more recently rwede ticked me off, and so i did the same. knowledge gives me a sense of security.

both of them, and others, have been quite easy to discover. many participants here make no secret of there identities and so i have never been inclined to research or discover anything about them. transparency is appreciated.

but back to myself, i believe i have revealed very little about myself here, but those few things have been quite significant. since they have been previously presented, i will save anyone who isn't aware, the time of sifting through my old posts and simply summarize.

i was born in prince george, i have traveled many places, and move around quite a bit. i have interests/stakes in many communities, have written, spoken, performed, directed, produced across many mediums including print, audio broadcast, audio recording, video broadcast, video recording and online/digital publishing. my name can be connected to many events, and members of my family can be connected to many, many more, including a large number of or relating to the entire history of 'canada'.

a bit of math considering events or times i have revealed myself to have been part of one can easily figure i am at least x number years old.

one thing i have revealed, that seems not to be respected by anyone that i am aware of, is that i am a member of a/the 'peerage'.

with that in mind, i will also say, i am aware that other 'peers' read this forum, but i have not detected any other member participating/posting. that does not mean they do not though.

that last revelation of my own nature could make it perfectly possible to know exactly who i am.

now i know it is against the rules to guess a forum member's identity, but i would be fine with someone posting anything previously published elsewhere, and asking if i find it interesting. in the thread, i do not pm.

i do enjoy my own works :) and there are many ways one might go about discovering, and i am open to all of them :)

it is as well against the rules to reveal ones own identity, so my confirmation would not occur, but my pointed, as opposed to general, affirmation could occur :)

so, omisimaw, anyone, you are all welcome to post items to this thread for my consideration :)

you never know what tomorrow may bring, so help yourself, take a shot, it would be good if people eventually knew.

and for those of you that actually do know who i am in the physical realm, i trust you will maintain the confidence we have mutually nurtured and not participate in this thread.

i could just go to your place omisimaw, and introduce myself, but i will not be doing that :) and really, could i? haven't we already met after all? :)

for those of you starting from scratch, i will offer this, when trying to see the identity of a masked individual, do not look at the mask, look through the holes in the mask :)

good luck :)
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Baba O'Riley
Lord of the Board

Re: who on earth am i ?

Post by Baba O'Riley »

Hey A_B, where on earth are you?! :)
The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: who on earth am i ?

Post by Lady tehMa »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:one thing i have revealed, that seems not to be respected by anyone that i am aware of, is that i am a member of a/the 'peerage'.

I believe it is not respected because whilst you may have lineage, your posting style lacks the grace and nobility associated withal. Your words and deeds do not reflect such, so that is why people (such as myself) take it with a grain of salt.

In my personal opinion, it takes more than blood to make one noble.
I haven't failed until I quit.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Re: Who on earth am I?

Post by sobrohusfat »

A_Britishcolumbian: "You despise me don't you?"

Sobrohusfat: "Well, if i gave you any thought i probably would !"

The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."

Return to “Grab Bag”