Best, worst day for new dad

A potpourri of off-topics.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Best, worst day for new dad

Post by oneh2obabe »

Carlos Morales with the quadruplets. Photo courtesy Carlos Morales

When Carlos and Erica Morales first found out they were expecting quadruplets, they were just excited to be pregnant. After Erica, 36, had a miscarriage, the couple went through fertility treatment and conceived their four little ones — three girls, one boy — through IVF, according to People. “We couldn’t have been more excited to finally have a baby,” Carlos, 29, told the magazine this week.

But their joy took a tragic turn in January, when Erica, at seven months pregnant, underwent a cesarean section. After delivering four healthy babies, Nicole went into hypovolemic shock, a condition that involves severe blood loss, and died a few hours after her children were born. “I went from having the best day of my life to the next morning experiencing the worst day of my life,” Carlos said in his first interview since Erica’s death. “My four babies came into the world and then my wife died.”

The new dad, who lives in Phoenix, Arizona, is caring for Carlos Jr., Tracey, Paisley, and Erica on his own, though he credits the support of friends and family for helping him get through. A month after their Jan. 15 birth, Carlos Jr. and Tracey have come home, while the other two babies are still in the hospital, where Carlos is taking parenting classes. “I’m learning everything from how to give them a bath, CPR, feeding, and how to manage their sleep schedule,” he said. “I need to be prepared.”

The Morales quadruplets. Photo courtesy Carlos Morales

Full article
https://ca.shine.yahoo.com/dad-cares-fo ... 28827.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Best, worst day for new dad

Post by Lady tehMa »

So sad his wife died :( I do hope he gets lots of help with his babies.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

Omigosh, that's awful :( Poor dad.
Non illegitimi carborundum est.
loggs

Post by loggs »

Such a sad story! I wish him all the strength in the world!

Return to “Grab Bag”