Policing The Classifieds

A potpourri of off-topics.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Policing The Classifieds

Post by TreeGuy »

We all know the expression, "One man's junk is another man's treasure". The classifieds are full of junk and treasures. Should there be moderators for the classifieds much like the forums?

I pose this question as I had someone contact me in regards to a classified ad I posted for free firewood, not once but twice. I was told that I was taking advantage of people by giving away firewood he considered to be garbage firewood.

I wrote him back and asked if he contacted other advertisers that were giving away their junk. I see pallets being offered for firewood when you are not supposed to burn kiln dried wood in wood burning appliances. I see old TV's and appliances being given away that should probably go to the recycling station but maybe they are too lazy to take them there themselves.

I found someone to take the wood I was giving away. He has an outdoor boiler and heats four buildings, he was really happy to get the wood I was offering. It will save him money, my customer money and me time.

Does the "Free Item" section need a moderator? Discuss.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Policing The Classifieds

Post by vegas1500 »

TreeGuy wrote:We all know the expression, "One man's junk is another man's treasure". The classifieds are full of junk and treasures. Should there be moderators for the classifieds much like the forums?

I pose this question as I had someone contact me in regards to a classified ad I posted for free firewood, not once but twice. I was told that I was taking advantage of people by giving away firewood he considered to be garbage firewood.

I wrote him back and asked if he contacted other advertisers that were giving away their junk. I see pallets being offered for firewood when you are not supposed to burn kiln dried wood in wood burning appliances. I see old TV's and appliances being given away that should probably go to the recycling station but maybe they are too lazy to take them there themselves.

I found someone to take the wood I was giving away. He has an outdoor boiler and heats four buildings, he was really happy to get the wood I was offering. It will save him money, my customer money and me time.

Does the "Free Item" section need a moderator? Discuss.

Not sure it needs a moderator but obviously there should be something in this world to weed out the wingnuts like the one who contacted you. You were may more polite than I would have been....Good on you.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Policing The Classifieds

Post by Logitack »

classifieds does have a "moderator"

[email protected]

if you are getting inappropriate IMs/emails then alert the above email contact

Return to “Grab Bag”