The mother of all celebrity breakups

A potpourri of off-topics.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

The mother of all celebrity breakups

Post by oneh2obabe »

Affleck and Garner, Stefani and Rossdale, and now Kermit and Piggy.

The mother of all celebrity breakups rocked the western world on Tuesday as Kermit The Frog and Miss Piggy officially announced their split after weeks of speculation.

The couple, who have been together for nearly 40 years since The Muppets first run in 1976, issued a joint statement on Twitter via their @RealMissPiggy and @KermitTheFrog accounts.

“After careful thought, thoughtful consideration and considerable squabbling, we have made the difficult decision to terminate our romantic relationship,” the statement read.

“We will continue to work together on television and in all media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, throughout the universe.

“However, our personal lives are now distinct and separate, and we will be seeing other people, pigs, frogs, et al. This is our only comment on this private matter…unless we get the right offer. Thank you for your understanding.”

The cynical would no-doubt point out that the news has come just before The Muppets TV mock-umentary premieres in late September.

Sources say Miss Piggy said something along the lines of “Moi? I’ve already moved on.”

Rumours of the split emerged from a Youtube video posted by ABC offering a first look at The Office-style Muppets reboot.

In the controversial footage, Miss Piggy and That 70s Show star Topher Grace lock lips in front of a dejected Kermit.

“Take a long nap big boy, you’re going to need your strength,” Piggy tells the actor.

“TMZ is calling us To-Piggy,” she adds.

Grace wasted no time in propositioning Miss Piggy when news of the breakup emerged. He posted on Twitter: “SO sorry to hear you and @KermitTheFrog broke up. DM me when you get a sec...”

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/20 ... ng-up.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Re: The mother of all celebrity breakups

Post by zookeeper »

This is terrible news! What is the world coming to. I always thought that pig was a little tramp. Good thing they never had any children. Why are there so many songs about rainbows?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: The mother of all celebrity breakups

Post by Bsuds »

She has just porked on the weight and Froggy is better off without her.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!

Return to “Grab Bag”