Please help me find these shorts

A potpourri of off-topics.
Welwyn1992

Please help me find these shorts

Post by Welwyn1992 »

I've posted this to the classifieds on this site, but I'm also posting here for those who don't look at the classifieds.

I am seeking a specific design of boys' swim trunks made by 725 originals - sold in WalMart stores in 2004 or 2005. They're orange with white and blue flames, and harley-style motorcycles on each leg. They also have a velcro pocket on the right-side rear, are white on the interior, and have blue laces. This image and short video is the best representation I have.
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8239/8535 ... 3f13_o.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJbTw7A6Qk4

Please take a look in any boxes of old clothing you might have, in the back of your closet, in the attic, anywhere if you think you might have a pair of these shorts. Also if on the off-chance you should see them in a second-hand clothing store or thrift store, please let me know. They have a rather high sentimental value to me and I have tried searching everywhere for them.
If you have a similar pair of shorts, please contact me here via private-message as I might be interested in them as well.

Thank you
perspicacious
Board Meister

Re: Please help me find these shorts

Post by perspicacious »

I feel your pain, I once had a pair of board shorts...Roxy's green with a bit of camo on thethe pocket. Fit me like a glove!! Loved these, but they wore out. I checked everywhere, even emailed Roxy to see if they could source me a pair. Now all that's out there are short shorts as this is what's in style.
Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.
Welwyn1992

Post by Welwyn1992 »

I know it's been a long, long time. A few months ago I posted this in the hopes of finding another pair/s of these shorts - as I believe my friend acquired them from the Penticton WalMart almost twelve years ago. The pair pictured was the pair he had - which sadly no longer exist and why I'm now searching everywhere to try and find another pair of them. Over the years I've found/seen similar ones, but not the same.

If anyone does happen to have a pair laying forgotten in an old set of drawers, closet, laundry hamper or a box of old clothes in the attic I really would appreciate if I could find a pair of these shorts.

The alternative is trying to find a manufacturer willing to custom-make them, which I'd rather not do.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ maybe search every square inch of Ebay
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Welwyn1992

Post by Welwyn1992 »

I have scoured Ebay for eleven years. I've found some similar ones but not the same ones.
I've even scoured the likes of Craigslist, Kijiji and Used.com for the last six years, with only one result (a similar pair by the same manufacturer, but again not the same).

I've even been searching thrift stores all over the lower mainland for the past year - with no luck.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Welwyn1992 wrote:I have scoured Ebay for eleven years. I've found some similar ones but not the same ones.
I've even scoured the likes of Craigslist, Kijiji and Used.com for the last six years, with only one result (a similar pair by the same manufacturer, but again not the same).

I've even been searching thrift stores all over the lower mainland for the past year - with no luck.

Good luck on your quest.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Grab Bag”