Big plane circling

A potpourri of off-topics.
ORWELL

Re: Big plane circling

Post by ORWELL »

okay, back!

alright, so I must humbly apologize for saying NAV for the complaint vs Transport Canada

However NAV does provide the noise operating restrictions & noise abatement procedures and updates them every 56 days.

https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/ ... raft_noise

and I stand by my elevation comments, as the reservoir cannot see all aspects of the flight paths, multiple witness accounts, & pictures.

my initial comments were to direct people who were concerned away from complaining to the wrong sources and onto the right ones if they were so inclined as they didn't seem to know where to turn. nothing more.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

You must be referring to the big CC-177 Globemaster that was flying over the Mission this afternoon. One of the most amazing things I've ever seen. &#$%ing awesome! Seeing that big plane making a banked turn over OKM was incredible!
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Saw it low by the mall today...man that was big...and awesome too bad not tomorrow for a nice fly by during the ceremonies
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

From the duty manager at YLW ...

In fact, she said the plane is actually too large to land at the airport.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/18 ... -over-city

YLW is more than adequate for a Globemaster, seeing that one of the main design requirements for the aircraft was to be able to fly in and out of short airstrips which YLW is certainly not.

Yikes!
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
AirHoss
Board Meister

Post by AirHoss »

Taxiways are always our issue.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

AirHoss wrote:Taxiways are always our issue.

Back track on the runway, if an AN124 can do it, pretty sure a Globemaster can - just sayin'
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

ohgeeze wrote:I see Castanet just reported the plane circling, I too was wondering what's going on. It sounded big but I was busy making supper so I couldn't go out and check LOL. Definitely would like to know why this was happening!

Yet you had time to send this post? Look out window next time. Nothing takes that level of attention on the stove.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

And what is supper?
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

What if it had been an extra terrestrial craft? would your "supper" have been more important then?
Sonny Taylor
Board Meister

Post by Sonny Taylor »

In fact, she said the plane is actually too large to land at the airport.

(from Dizzy) YLW is more than adequate for a Globemaster, seeing that one of the main design requirements for the aircraft was to be able to fly in and out of short airstrips which YLW is certainly not.

Yikes!

I caught that one too...

The C-17 globemaster appears to have about two thirds the maximum take-off weight of the AN-124; which easily landed and took off from YLW.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

It can land in as little as 3500 feet with a 160,000 lb load! No problem in landing at CYLW or CYYF. Some strips like CYVK (3500 feet length) could have one land in an emergency but the big problem in that case is the weight. It would sink into the runway as that strip is not rated for such a heavy plane, even if the aircraft had nothing in the cargo hold. They are very maneuverable for a large aircraft.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/watch- ... 1735810374
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
ohgeeze
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by ohgeeze »

mexicalidreamer wrote:
Yet you had time to send this post? Look out window next time. Nothing takes that level of attention on the stove.

Posted after I finished eating...your funny :130:
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

mexicalidreamer wrote:What if it had been an extra terrestrial craft? would your "supper" have been more important then?

Try to keep up. Extra terrestrial craft use silent anti-grav engines and would not be heard.
Black Dogs Matter
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

That's not exactly true.
Anti grav engines emit a very low hum.
I admit, they are near silent but not quite.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
hiyashi

Post by hiyashi »

Dizzy1 wrote: Back track on the runway, if an AN124 can do it, pretty sure a Globemaster can - just sayin'

Agreed. The AN124 parked at Kelowna Flightcraft and I'm sure the Globemaster could do the same, with prior notice. That ramp can get pretty busy sometimes so a unannounced "drop in" might really catch them off guard lol.

Return to “Grab Bag”