Where did they go?

A potpourri of off-topics.
What_the
Übergod

Where did they go?

Post by What_the »

I remember when Nabcom and gramma Freddy passed. After a time away from the board I've discovered DonaldG as well.

There's other usernames I don't see anymore.
Steven lloyd
Roadster
Usqebaugh....a whole host of others.

I just wondered. I guess, about board personalities that made an impression on me.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Where did they go?

Post by Lady tehMa »

There are a lot of people I'm missing . . .
I haven't failed until I quit.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Sucks ^^
Well, kinda why I mentioned.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

But on another note.

Why is it that, For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge is the only auto correct word never misspelled?

Besides duck ;)
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

It's funny to go way back on the forums and read some of the old nick's and wonder what ever happened to some of them. There are a few I miss a lot. What's funny is that sometimes I discover that someone that I miss isn't really gone, they just changed their nick. [icon_lol2.gif]

One person I miss like crazy is Westside_Guy. Last time he was on his location was: Somewhere in Afghanistan. I have a pm in my outbox to him that has been sitting there since 2007. So dude! If you're here under a different nick let me know!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

sometimes the rulers of the roost force a name change

this board no longer has commonsense
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Graham Adder wrote:sometimes the rulers of the roost force a name change

this board no longer has commonsense

Interesting take. Hadn't considered that.

I've always thought that changing usernames was just lame, it's confusing, until now.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

A few years back we had a member that was keeping us all up to date on their living off grid plans.
Last posts I recall were that he and his wife and kids had moved up the mountain to a cabin they were homesteading in.
He was making occasional trips into town for supplies, and sending in the odd update.
Haven't heard anything in regards to their trials, trib's or successes in a long time.
Anyone recall, who I am talking about?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

ImNobody Teddy bear avatar.

Something like that. I remember story well. I wondered how it worked out him too.
Last edited by Queen K on May 19th, 2017, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

I'd easily have 1000 questions to ask now.
I want to follow the same trail.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

I remember kibbs . The bicycle guy . What happened to him
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Kibbs had to move back east to look after his dad.
His dad has passed, Kibbs was strong for him and now resides back on his "home turf".
He's doing well, and is back in action building bikes from scratch and starting to collect some coolness once again.
I bought an old 1929 Massey harris/CCM silver ribbon bike a few years back.
It was so original, I was afraid to ride it.
Kibbs fell in love with that bike and bought it from me at a mark-up he was comfy paying and offered some well needed money to get me through a tight spot.
Kibbs owned that bike proudly for a couple of years before having to use it for the same thing I did.
He sold it to an avid collector in Ontario, who now has it on display in a museum.
The best ending to the life of that bike I could have ever wanted.
The best ending to the life of that bike that Kibbs could have wanted.
He sold it at a mark-up the buyer was comfortable with, and it helped Kibbs get back to Oz, to be with his dad when it was right for him to be there.

That bike.

Was great.

Kibbs is too. I know this only because I found some pics of my bike a few months back. It prompted me to contact Kibbs regarding the old bike. That's when I learned the story and fell in love with the bigger picture than I ever did with the bike.

Return to “Grab Bag”