What are we like in real life?

A potpourri of off-topics.
spooker
Guru

What are we like in real life?

Post by spooker »

So who's up for grabbing a coffee downtown or something?

There is such a diverse crowd participating here I always get the itch to meet people in person. Especially when it seems like we don't read the words the same way people meant them. Miscommunication is lowered if you actually have a sense of who someone is and not just their online persona.

Or am I tempting fate by putting all this dark energy into one place and risk the universe imploding?
--
“The world breaks everyone, and afterward, many are strong at the broken places.”
― Ernest Hemingway
gman313
Lord of the Board

Re: What are we like in real life?

Post by gman313 »

i'd be curious to see the demographics
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

could be interesting :200:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
khutchi
Fledgling

Post by khutchi »

Love to but my generation strictly prohibits me from going outside and meeting real people... :smt045
"History is like a slingshot... the more you go back, the further you'll go."
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

It would be fun. But when we try to have one they move off to the back topics way down below..
I have probably met about 20 people from here..
The fun part is figuring out who is lurking in the background...because they are anonymous... Lol..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I'm always up for a beer or something... But not downtown..

There's nothing there for me .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

I know there are folks on here who have met for coffee or social visits or to exchange things.

For some it's worked out great, and good friendships have resulted.

Others, I understand, not so much and have had less savoury experiences.

On different occasions I met up with two separate posters who posted that they were having difficulties

and were struggling to get by.

I offered to meet and see if I could be of assistance...neither worked out so great.

My privacy has been invaded and my trust and goodwill misused.

That's my fault though...I'm am adult and the decision to get involved was totally mine.

Another live and learn lesson...proving once again we are never too old. :D

Therefore I'm a little reluctant to stick my neck out again...even if it is just for social purposes.

I will say though that there are some forum participants I know I'd enjoy spending time with chewing the fat

and swopping tall tales with but for now I will leave their 'real life' to them and my conjured imaginings of them to my

own thoughts.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

MAPearce wrote:I'm always up for a beer or something... But not downtown..

There's nothing there for me .

there are some pretty fine micro breweries popping up downtown :130:
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I know .. But I'm not that guy.

When I order a beer at my local pubs it's always " I'll have a pint of your finest cheapshit" ..

Some wait staff laugh but most know me so they have one ready before my *bleep* hits the chair.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

spooker wrote:So who's up for grabbing a coffee downtown or something?

There is such a diverse crowd participating here I always get the itch to meet people in person. Especially when it seems like we don't read the words the same way people meant them. Miscommunication is lowered if you actually have a sense of who someone is and not just their online persona.

Or am I tempting fate by putting all this dark energy into one place and risk the universe imploding?

I've met many people on castanet and one thing stands out consistently, they are who they say they are. No one is living in their mom's basement suite unless they've said so. That's for sure.

Castanet forums are full of people who have met or know each other, you can usually tell by how they talk to each other in the threads. Or they come out and say things that only could be said if they met or have known each other.

But G2Gs (get to gethers) are harder to get going than I've ever seen it be. Are we all so that busy now?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

Have met quite a few people from this forum, no problems as long as there is mutual respect. I have invited people for coffee, but most don't show up, even when they say they will.Wanna go for coffee queenie?
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Well sure, let's invite Spooker too. And 60 years and omigod before we know it there's a bunch of us.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

Queen K wrote:Well sure, let's invite Spooker too. And 60 years and omigod before we know it there's a bunch of us.

Go for sushi here in Peachland, prices are good and the food is great.
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

I wouldn't trust people here not to push me in front of a truck.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

jimsenchuk wrote:Go for sushi here in Peachland, prices are good and the food is great.

If I was driving to Peachland for Sushi, I wouldn't get past 5 Guys!

Actually if I had to drive anywhere for Sushi I wouldn't get past 5 Guys! (or any other Burger place)
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!

Return to “Grab Bag”