Amazon Prime, Buyer Beware

A potpourri of off-topics.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Amazon Prime, Buyer Beware

Post by Bsuds »

So my Wife was looking at some books on Amazon and they wouldn't show pricing unless she signed up for a free Prime 30 day trial.

She did not give them a CC#, She got an e-mail saying if she used it another card on the account would be billed.

She never did order anything but a charge for $88.48 showed up on my CC! *bleep*

So she calls them and gets a whole lotta lip from the Amazon rep but they finally agree to reverse the charge. (Which it does say they would do if the account was not used.)

If you ask me this looks like negative billing which is illegal and if not it sure is a BS way of doing business.

Anyway be very careful with "Free" Amazon Prime offers.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Amazon Prime, Buyer Beware

Post by Lady tehMa »

thanks Bsuds! Sorry to hear that you had an issue and glad you shared it.
I haven't failed until I quit.
MalaPropina
Board Meister

Re: Amazon Prime, Buyer Beware

Post by MalaPropina »

I had the same thing happen. I didn't even sign up for the free trial.

I bought a couple of items from a 3rd party seller and all of a sudden I get this email welcoming me to Amazon Prime.
The nice lady I spoke with was very apologetic and efficient in reversing the charges and gave me a code to use to get a discount on my next purchase after I calmly explained what a terrible inconvenience the whole thing was.

There is definitely a glitch in their system that allows this to happen again and again.

Return to “Grab Bag”