Current Drone Activity

A potpourri of off-topics.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Current Drone Activity

Post by Fancy »

WalterWhite wrote:...and that makes it ok? smh

Is that what you think? I certainly didn't say that.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
sublime
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by sublime »

alanjh595 wrote: Once it is on your property, it becomes yours. The same rules apply to overhanging branches and intrusive roots from the neighbour's property, just like the leaves from those trees are now your problem too.

Sooo I park my car in my neighbor's driveway he now owns my car. Laughable :up: :biggrin:
The ignore list is a fine function... Reading or responding to fear mafia posts is a waste of time.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

LTD wrote:you don't own the air above your property

There are regulations regarding that. And one needs to have line of sight if I recollect correctly.
Last edited by Fancy on Nov 11th, 2017, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

While the Supreme Court hasn't explicitly accepted that as the upper limit of property ownership, it's a useful guideline in trespass cases. Therefore, unless you own some very tall buildings, your private airspace probably ends somewhere between 80 and 500 feet above the ground.Jul 11, 2013

If the offending craft is close enough for you to "put your boots upon it", it is well within your space and "it is yours" to do with it as you choose.
Bring back the LIKE button.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

yes but it doesn't change the fact that the air above your property isn't private nor are the images
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

sublime wrote:
alanjh595 wrote: Once it is on your property, it becomes yours. The same rules apply to overhanging branches and intrusive roots from the neighbour's property, just like the leaves from those trees are now your problem too.

Sooo I park my car in my neighbor's driveway he now owns my car. Laughable :up: :biggrin:

A drone from costco invading your privacy isn't a registered motor vehicle legally parked in a driveway.

I like to pop drones with my .410.
Haven't been any around for months.
Maybe the neighbor quit his hobby.
Probably got too expensive.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

sublime wrote:

If has given you his permission to do that, it is still your property until the homeowner says, "No more". He then has the RIGHT to have it removed at his discretion. While it is parked there with his permission, he assumes all of the responsibilities and liabilities of that car and the harm that it may cause to others.

The homeowner may not own the car, but he does assume the risks of liability for duration of the time that it is there.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

LTD wrote:yes but it doesn't change the fact that the air above your property isn't private nor are the images

There are laws governing photography of people on private property.
sublime
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by sublime »

Bman wrote: I like to pop drones with my .410.

O man the level of self importance that people think others would waste their time spying on them. Really what would they see? Some keyboard warrior sitting on the castanet forums all day? [icon_lol2.gif]
The ignore list is a fine function... Reading or responding to fear mafia posts is a waste of time.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

LTD wrote:yes but it doesn't change the fact that the air above your property isn't private nor are the images

This tells me the laws on private property need to be updated to include drones.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Bman wrote:A drone from costco invading your privacy isn't a registered motor vehicle legally parked in a driveway.

Sounds like a legit use of a firearm. You are the kind of :cuss: who gives gun owners a bad name.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

sublime wrote:

O man the level of self importance that people think others would waste their time spying on them. Really what would they see? Some keyboard warrior sitting on the castanet forums all day? [icon_lol2.gif]

You obviously have no idea about what/whom you are talking about when referring to BMAN. That is enough of a statement to make all of us that know better (and have one on one personal experience with Bman) to ROFLOL.

Thank you, you have made the best quote of the night, AND it is a Friday night!
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

sublime wrote:

They probably spy on me coz I post in the nude.
I don't blame them. I photograph myself then too.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Verum wrote:
Bman wrote:A drone from costco invading your privacy isn't a registered motor vehicle legally parked in a driveway.

Sounds like a legit use of a firearm. You are the kind of :cuss: who gives gun owners a bad name.

It's not illegal where i am.
And if you're afraid of using your cap gun, use a slingshot. It's great practice.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I prefer a net gun to bring them down. Then they are still good for resale.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Grab Bag”