Rutland versus Lake Country?

A potpourri of off-topics.
Hermes
Fledgling

Rutland versus Lake Country?

Post by Hermes »

What are the first things that pop to mind? After more thoughtful consideration, where would you rather live?

Doing a quick skim of the news Rutland looks higher crime to me. But Lake Country seems rather isolated and maybe a little boring. Just because I intend to retire to the Okanagan doesn't men I want to be in either lawn bowling or murder central. However my budget is low. Just looking for a 1975 kind of place for 2020.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: Rutland versus Lake Country?

Post by Bpeep »

Hein rd is a good option for a moderately priced 1975 ish single family domicile.
It's a fairly lengthy street therefore often has one or more dwellings listed on mls.
Minutes to costco, schools, medical, orchard park mall, closer to big white and gyro beach than lake country.
Many of the families on the street are long term residents depicting it as a safe family community.
Good value for the prices.
Quaint, family oriented, friendly and inviting.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I'd take Lake Country over Rutland.
OldBlindDog
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by OldBlindDog »

I would take Rutland, if we are talking street fights.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

LC is more rural, Rutland not so much, depends what you want
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I would take lake country over all of Kelowna with exception of east Kelowna
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I think the OP would fit right in on Hein Rd.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Rutland is a lot busier than it used to be. If you want quiet, Lake Country is the way to go. If you want to be closer to amenities, Rutland. I'm in Rutland and quite happy here.
I haven't failed until I quit.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

LC for property crime, a long miserable commute, agricultural hassle and nuisance, and hit or miss neighbours. Could be nice, could be snobs, could be drug dealer/crime linchpins. An overrated, overhyped quality of life.

Rutland for steeet crime, murders, amenities, close to town and cheaper housing. Salt of the earth "working class" people.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Hermes
Fledgling

Post by Hermes »

lightspeed wrote:LC for property crime, a long miserable commute, agricultural hassle and nuisance, and hit or miss neighbours. Could be nice, could be snobs, could be drug dealer/crime linchpins. An overrated, overhyped quality of life.

Rutland for steeet crime, murders, amenities, close to town and cheaper housing. Salt of the earth "working class" people.

I will check both out. Unless you are being facetious, I *like* salt of the earth working class. I am most comfortable in the milieu of lower middle class (about the level our family rose to). But I get the impression that LMC no longer exists in Canada. BTW, there is, in my opinion, a huge difference between WC and criminal class (if such a group exists). And before someone neo-con gets on the bandwagon, welfare class, yes they exist, and I will essentially be one of them. And am now. I have no issue being around poor working people and also social benefit parasites such as myself. I have millionaire friends and if they are representative they live indoors and in their backyards. I prefer some street life and sense of community.

Rutland has the advantage of being close to Salvation Army where I intend to continue my volunteering.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Hermes wrote:
lightspeed wrote:LC for property crime, a long miserable commute, agricultural hassle and nuisance, and hit or miss neighbours. Could be nice, could be snobs, could be drug dealer/crime linchpins. An overrated, overhyped quality of life.

I will check both out. Unless you are being facetious, I *like* salt of the earth working class. I am most comfortable in the milieu of lower middle class (about the level our family rose to). But I get the impression that LMC no longer exists in Canada. BTW, there is, in my opinion, a huge difference between WC and criminal class (if such a group exists). And before someone neo-con gets on the bandwagon, welfare class, yes they exist, and I will essentially be one of them. And am now. I have no issue being around poor working people and also social benefit parasites such as myself. I have millionaire friends and if they are representative they live indoors and in their backyards. I prefer some street life and sense of community.

Rutland has the advantage of being close to Salvation Army where I intend to continue my volunteering.

Not being facetious.

Choose Rutland.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

My advice is to look elsewhere for opinions on where to live.

Return to “Grab Bag”