Milk dispensers

A potpourri of off-topics.
Cactusflower
Banned

Milk dispensers

Post by Cactusflower »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4467724

Yesterday I went to buy milk at my local supermarket and found the diary shelves empty. The delivery trucks weren't able to make it because of the road conditions, I was told.

So when I read this story today, I started thinking: Where is the nearest dairy in the Okanagan Valley? Wouldn't it be nice if a local dairy could install machines like this in our supermarkets so that we wouldn't have to crush our containers and put them in the recycling bins anymore?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Milk dispensers

Post by GordonH »

Nearest dairy to Kelowna would be in Sicamous its called D Dutchmen Dairy
http://www.dutchmendairy.ca
A must do is go and have some ice cream at D Dutchmen

Next one was Blackwell Dairy out of Kamloops area

Of course one of the largest in BC in down in lower mainland Dairyland
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

GordonH wrote:Nearest dairy to Kelowna would be in Sicamous its called D Dutchmen Dairy

Carmellis goat farm makes milk. Or i think they did. Its goats milk but whos counting
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Nearest dairy to Kelowna would be in Sicamous its called D Dutchmen Dairy

Jflem1983 wrote:Carmellis goat farm makes milk. Or i think they did. Its goats milk but whos counting

Took a look at their site does not mention sales of milk only cheese
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Cactusflower wrote:
Yesterday I went to buy milk at my local supermarket and found the diary shelves empty. The delivery trucks weren't able to make it

:swear: Truckers, what's wrong with them ??

:biggrin:

:topic:

My bad.....
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

GordonH wrote:

Jflem1983 wrote:Carmellis goat farm makes milk. Or i think they did. Its goats milk but whos counting

Took a look at their site does not mention sales of milk only cheese

Been several years. I was probably mistaken. I knew someone who worked there. Thought they had milk. My bad.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

If the city would do a better job of plowing and sanding we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

(Obligatory comment about road maintenance, every thread now has to contain one)
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/vancouver-island-milk-growlers-1.4467724

Yesterday I went to buy milk at my local supermarket and found the diary shelves empty. The delivery trucks weren't able to make it because of the road conditions, I was told.

So when I read this story today, I started thinking: Where is the nearest dairy in the Okanagan Valley? Wouldn't it be nice if a local dairy could install machines like this in our supermarkets so that we wouldn't have to crush our containers and put them in the recycling bins anymore?

You can recycle milk cartons? Hmmm....
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Cactusflower wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4467724

The Green Barbarian wrote:You can recycle milk cartons? Hmmm....

At one time D Dutchmen Dairy did home deliveries with glass bottles, that was back in 80s & 90s.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

The Green Barbarian wrote:You can recycle milk cartons? Hmmm....

By the time my kid brings up his milk cartons from the dungeon they smell so bad I'm embarassed to put them in the recycling bins!

Nobody would even consider putting milk in them a second time!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:

Or option B - you go to another grocery store where the truckers did make it through on the roads and buy milk there.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Okanagan at 1 time had 2 creameries, the SOCA (South Okanagan Creamery Association) did not last to long. The another on NOCA (North Okanagan Creamery Association) lasted until early 80s when Dairyland bought them out.

foot note: Armstrong was birth place of Armstrong Cheese
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

TreeGuy wrote:If the city would do a better job of plowing and sanding we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

(Obligatory comment about road maintenance, every thread now has to contain one)

the city plows, :135: :135:
kelowna city plows are like the ogopogo, you hear about it a lot, but no one has every seen it [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i think i have seen one move snow, but never seen one pick up any
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

This type of milk dispensing looks unsanitary and potentially liable to the suppliers. Too many things can go wrong with this novelty item, and I for one would never use one. Too much opportunity for product contamination.
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “Grab Bag”