$4M Barn Find - Ferrari AND 427 Cobra Hidden for Decades

A potpourri of off-topics.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

$4M Barn Find - Ferrari AND 427 Cobra Hidden for Decades

Post by oneh2obabe »

A North Carolina garage was opened for the first in decades, unveiling some of the rarest sports cars in the world with a preliminary estimated value of $4 million.

Among the finds was an 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB, one of only a handful built with an alloy body. Amazingly, the svelte silver coupe only has 13,000 miles on the clock. Under the hood is a two-cam V12 designed by Gioacchino Colombo, sporting three twin-throat Weber carburetors.

Similar cars in have sold in the $5-8 million range, though those examples were in pristine condition, had six twin-barrel downdraft carbs and historic pedigrees. This one is a little less than pristine.

Sitting next to the Ferrari was another once in a lifetime find: a completely unmolested 1966 Shelby Cobra 427 with only 19,001 miles showing on the odometer. The chassis number identifies the roadster as one of approximately 100 built equipped with a 428-cubic-inch engine rather than a 427.

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: $4M Barn Find - Ferrari AND 427 Cobra Hidden for Decades

Post by GordonH »

The owner of the barn essentially won the lottery, good for them.

Hell of a find
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: $4M Barn Find - Ferrari AND 427 Cobra Hidden for Decades

Post by Verum »

Two nice British sports cars there, though the Triumph doesn't really hold a candle to the AC Cobra. I'd still prefer either a 260 or 289, but beggars can't be choosers.

Return to “Grab Bag”