Set for Life with 1st ever lottery ticket

A potpourri of off-topics.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Set for Life with 1st ever lottery ticket

Post by oneh2obabe »

Quebec teen buys first-ever lottery ticket to celebrate 18th birthday, wins $1,000 a week for life.

MONTREAL—A Quebec teen who bought a lottery ticket for the first time to celebrate her entry into adulthood has walked away with $1,000 a week for the rest of her life.

Charlie Lagarde won the grand prize in the Gagnant a Vie lottery.

Lagarde, who hails from the Monteregie area just southeast of Montreal, was celebrating her 18th birthday.

Loto-Quebec said she went to local liquor store for sparkling wine and also bought herself a $4 scratch lottery ticket at a nearby convenience store on March 13.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/201 ... -life.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Set for Life with 1st ever lottery ticket

Post by Queen K »

Class act taking people out for dinner. I hope he does well with the winnings. Would get him a nice house with a rentable suite and a very small mortgage as they go, too.

I wonder if he's looking now.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#327344
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Good on him, 52 thou a year and no taxes.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

^^ no he gets the entire $500K ..he won all 4 numbers on the extra..I know because a Family member won $500K on the extra before..
lifegives
Board Meister

Post by lifegives »

Thankfully Charlie is too young to know how little $52k buys you today then it did when we were that age :biggrin:

But that's a great start to life.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Well it's 2021 now, I wonder how he's doing today.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

W105 wrote:^^ no he gets the entire $500K ..he won all 4 numbers on the extra..I know because a Family member won $500K on the extra before..
Read the OP
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Be smart with the money, but do enjoy the blessing you've been given and splurge a little bit here and there :up:
lifegives
Board Meister

Post by lifegives »

Queen K wrote:Well it's 2021 now, I wonder how he's doing today.
Looks like she's doing pretty well.

https://www.instagram.com/chalagarde/
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

Sparki55 wrote:
W105 wrote:^^ no he gets the entire $500K ..he won all 4 numbers on the extra..I know because a Family member won $500K on the extra before..
Read the OP
I was replying to Seewood's post whom I thought was replying to QK's recent post..but thanks for pointing it out "tips" :D
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

oneh2obabe wrote:Quebec teen buys first-ever lottery ticket to celebrate 18th birthday, wins $1,000 a week for life.

MONTREAL—A Quebec teen who bought a lottery ticket for the first time to celebrate her entry into adulthood has walked away with $1,000 a week for the rest of her life.

Charlie Lagarde won the grand prize in the Gagnant a Vie lottery.

Lagarde, who hails from the Monteregie area just southeast of Montreal, was celebrating her 18th birthday.

Loto-Quebec said she went to local liquor store for sparkling wine and also bought herself a $4 scratch lottery ticket at a nearby convenience store on March 13.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/201 ... -life.html
Set for Life is for 25 years ($52,000 x 25 years or 1 time payout out of $625,000)

The Daily Grand is $1,000 per/day until the winner dies.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Hey, this is a two year old post and no one responded to it until today? :200:

I'll bet for the past two years waterbabe has been feeling dejected and unwanted, and finally QueenK acknowledges her.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh we talk to each other all the time. I was just looking for a different lottery thread when i spotted this one.

Meh. It worked. My point is that at one time 500K actually bought a nice house, now it's just a downpayment.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Queen K wrote:My point is that at one time 500K actually bought a nice house, now it's just a downpayment.
And you'll still get outbid [icon_lol2.gif]

Return to “Grab Bag”