The Castanet Gab-O-Rama

A potpourri of off-topics.
ferri
Forum Administrator

The Castanet Gab-O-Rama

Post by ferri »

since the yakking thread is getting bogged down and it is a major pain to prune it, we have decided to start a new thread for off topic chit chat. :) here it is. like the paint? :wink:
Last edited by ferri on Jun 9th, 2007, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
crash 99
Walks on Forum Water

Post by crash 99 »

:smt075 :12077: :1422:
Roo
Guru

Post by Roo »

nice paint job but it appears people are looking but not yakking
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

lol yeah, well Crash has her big stick out. :137:
― Albert Einstein
Roo
Guru

Post by Roo »

ferri wrote:lol yeah, well Crash has her big stick out. :137:

that'll do it
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Roo wrote:
ferri wrote:lol yeah, well Crash has her big stick out. :137:

that'll do it

yeah, she likes waving that thing around. :lol:

some good news here, BriTer had to call work this morning before he went to bed, talked to his boss and his boss asked him if he wanted to come in tomorrow morning instead of tonight. BriTer said it was like someone told him he had won a million dollars. he couldn't speak for a little while. lol he is snoozing right now. :) i almost went in at 10 to wake him and tell him he didn't have to get up. LOL i wouldn't be typing right now though i don't think...:lol:
― Albert Einstein
Jenny Jenn
Fledgling

Post by Jenny Jenn »

How's everyone doing tonight?
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Jenny Jenn wrote:How's everyone doing tonight?

not too bad here, how are you feeling tonight? :)
― Albert Einstein
Jenny Jenn
Fledgling

Post by Jenny Jenn »

Today was a very painful leg muscle day. It just kind of got worse as the day progressed. But I fixed it with some muscle relaxants and some morphine. It doesn't hurt anymore -- nope, nope, nope!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Jenny Jenn wrote:Today was a very painful leg muscle day. It just kind of got worse as the day progressed. But I fixed it with some muscle relaxants and some morphine. It doesn't hurt anymore -- nope, nope, nope!

LOL you silly goose, i guess not! sorry to hear about your leg hurting. :( is this because of your back too?
― Albert Einstein
Jenny Jenn
Fledgling

Post by Jenny Jenn »

ferri wrote:
Jenny Jenn wrote:Today was a very painful leg muscle day. It just kind of got worse as the day progressed. But I fixed it with some muscle relaxants and some morphine. It doesn't hurt anymore -- nope, nope, nope!

LOL you silly goose, i guess not! sorry to hear about your leg hurting. :( is this because of your back too?

Yes. The herniated disk in my back is pushing on my sciatic nerve and that causes my leg to hurt. It's really nerve root pain. There's nothing wrong with my leg, it's just the nerve pain that makes it feel like there's something wrong with my leg. (Does that make any sense?)

It's been really good though. Today is the first day I've had to take morphine in about 2 weeks.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Jenny Jenn wrote:
ferri wrote:

Yes. The herniated disk in my back is pushing on my sciatic nerve and that causes my leg to hurt. It's really nerve root pain. There's nothing wrong with my leg, it's just the nerve pain that makes it feel like there's something wrong with my leg. (Does that make any sense?)

It's been really good though. Today is the first day I've had to take morphine in about 2 weeks.

oh geez! :( i had trouble with my sciatic nerve for about 2 years steady. i thought i was going to die. lol people kept telling me to get used to it, that if i had that long it was probably there for good. i couldn't sit comfortably (as you well know) couldn't sleep on that side, etc...then one night i was in bed reading and flopped over on my belly, propped up on my elbows and thought the pain was going to finish me right there. :lol: but i just kept doing it, for about a week, get on my stomach, slowly raise up on my elbows and hold it until i couldn't take it...oddly enough, it worked! :lol: knock on wood i hardly ever have trouble with it anymore, unless i have to stand on hard floors for a long time. :) i start feeling the first twinge and i do something fast! i can't imagine what you are going through though. have they said anything about surgery?
― Albert Einstein
Jenny Jenn
Fledgling

Post by Jenny Jenn »

ferri wrote:oh geez! :( i had trouble with my sciatic nerve for about 2 years steady. i thought i was going to die. lol people kept telling me to get used to it, that if i had that long it was probably there for good. i couldn't sit comfortably (as you well know) couldn't sleep on that side, etc...then one night i was in bed reading and flopped over on my belly, propped up on my elbows and thought the pain was going to finish me right there. :lol: but i just kept doing it, for about a week, get on my stomach, slowly raise up on my elbows and hold it until i couldn't take it...oddly enough, it worked! :lol: knock on wood i hardly ever have trouble with it anymore, unless i have to stand on hard floors for a long time. :) i start feeling the first twinge and i do something fast! i can't imagine what you are going through though. have they said anything about surgery?

Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about. From April 29th until May 16th, I spent every day laying in bed, or on the couch, with my legs propped up on pillows because that is the only way I could be somewhat pain free. I had the help of painkillers and muscle relaxants. I couldn't stand up for longer than it took to pee because my leg would get so sore, I'd nearly be in tears. I couldn't sit because my leg would just throb with pain. Finally, after seeing my doctor multiple times, and having a ct scan, I went to a chiropractor on May 16th to see if he could help me. I saw him for 5 treatments in a row and I was basically free of pain. But, I can still feel it if I'm not careful when I move. I have to ice my back multiple times throughout the day and I can lift absolutely nothing. My right leg is very weak from being so numb with the sciatic nerve pinched. I had a physiotherapy treatment, but I refuse to go back there. It hurt way too much. I have to see a neurosurgeon on June 21 in Kelowna. He will decide what the next step is. If he decides I need surgery, then he will send me for an MRI scan. I will probably opt out of surgery though and just live with the pain. I'm very hesitant of back surgery.

Sorry for such a long post :)
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

well don't be sorry for such a long post, i think that is the most i have typed in forever. :lol:

i found one of the most painful things to do was to sit on something hard, and we don't have a cushioned toilet seat. :lol: we were living on the South Shore of Montreal at the time and had friends in Toronto. we went to visit them a couple of times and i was a mess by the time we got there. sitting in the car really was horrible too. AND the day we got married i wore heels and thought i was going to pass out from standing in them. i couldn't wait to get those darn things off. so yeah, first little twinge and i am doing something to stop it. what was stupid was the first day, i have no idea what caused it, but i decided i must have just popped something out in my back and i should move around to pop it back. i washed all the darn walls in our apt. LOL i couldn't hardly move the next day!!! i read later that when you feel the first twinge you should go to bed. lol NOW i know. :127:
― Albert Einstein
Jenny Jenn
Fledgling

Post by Jenny Jenn »

My entire back problem started on April 19 when I stayed overnight at my boyfriend's (now ex) place. His bed is comfortable, but I was sleeping on the wrong side of the bed and I couldn't get comfortable. The next morning I woke up with a really sore back. I went to work for the following 3 days and the 4th day I had to call in sick because my back was so sore. The 5th day of having a sore back, I was babysitting and I went to put Carter down in his crib and I twisted the wrong way and felt like I was going to die. I had to call Carter's mom home from work and I went to the doctor right away. He gave me a shot and some prescriptions and sent me home. On Friday night (April 27) I went to the Oliver hospital to see a doctor. He gave me a shot of morphine and some prescriptions and sent me home. On Sunday (April 29) my back wasn't hurting, so I spent the day with Jason (boyfriend) and we went up to Conkle Lake to fish and go for a bit of a hike. While we were up there, I felt my right leg getting sore and I knew immediately it was my sciatic nerve. So when I got home that afternoon, I went to bed with my legs up. That is where I stayed until May 6 when I went back to the Oliver hospital. I saw a different doctor and she gave me a shot of some anti-inflammatory and a prescription for some mild anti-depressant. I also had x-rays that night. She also put in an urgent request for a ct scan. I had the ct scan the following Friday and that's when they discovered I had a herniated disk, severe degenerative disk disease and a problem with my spine where the channel for the nerves is too narrow. I've already told you the story from this point onwards in my last post.

Once again, another long boring post, sorry.

Return to “Grab Bag”