The Castanet Gab-O-Rama

A potpourri of off-topics.
Fixer 166
Guru

Re: The Castanet Gab-O-Rama

Post by Fixer 166 »

Once the dust settles and we stop to catch our breath. Hopefully by August.
Every Relationship Is Give & Give
dandynick5
Guru

Post by dandynick5 »

Good morning/afternoon. Spring has decided to take her meds and so we will have some sun and warmth for the next two days. Then Spring will become petulant and demanding and by Monday will be in an absolute pout!
This signature may be a forgery.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

It's June 17th, 4 pm and it looks like a huge thunder and lightening storm is brewing out there. Anything happening yet on the Westside of the Lake yet?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Dark clouds forming and wind is picking up but no rain yet.

There's a severe thunderstorm watch for the area.
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/alerts ... =537120256
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I hear some rumbling, and all the sky above my house is clear blue, while everything surrounding is dark O.o
I haven't failed until I quit.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It sure rained today. It was the second wettest day since last summer (at least in some locations such as Armstrong).
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

and how about today? Feeling like I need diving gear just to head outside :p
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Sick to death of cold wet weather. And it's doing something to people where we work, 6 in KGH? Cuz they're all feeling lousy, sore and frustrated they do unsafe stuff.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Lady tehMa wrote:and how about today? Feeling like I need diving gear just to head outside :p

That depends on where you live. Here in Vernon it was much wetter yesterday. Kelowna was wetter today. Sparwood is where things are crazy. Over 100 mm so far and counting.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

The difference between the endless rain last year, and the endless rain this year, seems to be that this year is warmer - more like it should be.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

This is so funny I'm crying.

Yes, endless rain, the rain barrels are so full and there's no where to dump them, nothing gets a chance to dry out and need watering.

The peekaboo sun today is perfect for being outdoors.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Gardens love the rain, so before you know it we'll be begging for more of it. I predict record breaking temperatures by this time next week.

No fires either. Current fire danger rating...

DR - June 24 2013.gif
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

HOT. And hot weather makes for hot tempers. I told husband we needed to install the a/c window unit on Friday. We got it done today. I kept it flat, I came back from getting screws for him to find it on it's side. Daughter asks when we can turn it on, he says "not for 24 hours, refrigeration units don't like being manhandled." I asked him if he knows this, why did he do it???? "It was in my way" *augh* He is still alive and I will do my best to keep it that way. Working on stuff together, in the heat, when I insist it get done and he doesn't want to . . . hard on the marriage I tell you.

And the hd on my computer fried :s Lucky we have an old (OLD) laptop I can use in the meantime . . .

The high point of my evening is a decaf iced coffee courtesy of my keurig . . .
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Not having a great start to summer are you? Look on the bright side ... the Keurig does what you want and won't talk back.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Humidex is the killer today. That, and the fact we are not very used to the heat. It is "only" 32 in Kelowna, but it feels like 36.

No record in Kelowna today, but not so for Kamloops where it was 38 with a humidex of 41. The only places hotter were Lytton and Ashcroft where it is currently 39. Humidex in Lytton is currently 42.

Other hot spots:
    Osoyoos = 34, and still rising rapidly (feels like 38)
    Quesnel = 35 (feels like 37)
    Princeton = 36 (feels like 37)
    Hope Slide = 36 (feels like 37)
    Merritt = 36 (feels like 41)
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Grab Bag”