Flying Fries Road Rage...

A potpourri of off-topics.
dle
Lord of the Board

Flying Fries Road Rage...

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... ying-fries

I want to hear the follow-up to this article. I want to know what the cops did about this and what charges were laid against both drivers.

The license numbers are clearly visible, the video is clear and RCMP have every reason to use it to charge BOTH of the drivers with whatever they deem necessary for unsafe driving. Of course there will probably be the lying about who was driving because the cowardly toads won't want to own up to their childish actions, but no matter, the OWNER of each vehicle, whether they were driving or not, should be charged unless those trucks were reported stolen before they had their little big man contest on a busy road.

Until some damn consequences start landing on idiots in this City it is going to continue going down the tubes all the while hearing stupid excuses from those in authority to DO SOMETHING about it at the time something illegal actually happens.

What could possibly be a reason be for NOT arresting & charging these two dangerous drivers? I am hopeful that it has already happened but I want to hear about it.

If is hasn't, then perhaps we need to form a committee to explore their childhoods and upbringing to see if Mommy or Daddy yelled at them or didn't give them something when they threw a tantrum? You know, get to the SOURCE and the REASON behind their immature, illegal, dangerous, selfish & callous attitudes towards the rest of society?

God forbid anyone is held responsible for their own actions in today's world - had to have been a "rough" upbringing (which a lot of people had (by today's wimpy standards) but somehow seemed to come out on the right end of things without becoming a jackass - you know back when parents disciplined their children and taught them right from wrong that they now call child abuse in some cases) so of course we can't arrest them now for anything they do now.

There actually ARE people who had a really really bad go of it growing up (and I'm not talking about a smack or two on the butt, or actually having to take something back they had stolen and apologize) who somehow managed to grow into positive, loving, responsible people.

With all of the thieves, drug addicts, crooks, physically violent people roaming our streets these days I have a really hard time believing none of them should be held to account for anything because they ALL had it rough growing up. Some of them were born with silver spoons in their mouths, raised by loving parents, given everything and every opportunity they could ever want - but they somehow still landed where they are today. Can we at least arrest them? Nope.....it's the wrong thing to do! It's not their fault they are the way they are. We must feed, clothe, house, wipe their butts and pretty soon they will see the light and come over from the dark side. Uh-huh.

In this particular case of idiotic behaviour putting others at risk, can they at least be charged and instead of serving time in jail which would be too icky for the poor dears, could they be sentenced to a severe fine, their vehicles impounded for a stretch of time, probation and hours and hours of community service? You know, an actual CONSEQUENCE.....the thing that MIGHT make them think twice about doing stupid stuff again in future!

What I want, what I really, really want, is to find out the rest of this story :-X ......
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Re: Flying Fries Road Rage...

Post by TreeGuy »

I wish the driver filming with the dash cam would have pulled in behind them. It was just getting good. The way the white truck forced the other truck off the road was incredible. Lots of anger out on the streets these days. People need to chill.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Typical as :cuss: holes drivers in the central okanagan, hopefully police can use the video & charge both for being idiots.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

TreeGuy wrote:I wish the driver filming with the dash cam would have pulled in behind them. It was just getting good. The way the white truck forced the other truck off the road was incredible. Lots of anger out on the streets these days. People need to chill.

yes.....and they need to be held accountable for their actions! Dash cam driver might have been cautious (and smartly so) about obviously following them - who knows what the idiot drivers would be capable of doing, or if they had guns and felt threatened. They certainly aren't playing with full decks - either of them!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Is that what you would consider, "A few fries short of a Happy Meal"?
Bring back the LIKE button.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Throwing away fries is the true crime here.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Even Steven wrote:Throwing away fries is the true crime here.

It depends, if they're from McDonalds, I agree. If they're from BK, throw those fries into the deepest pits of Hades.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Even Steven wrote:Throwing away fries is the true crime here.

OKkayak wrote:It depends, if they're from McDonalds, I agree. If they're from BK, throw those fries into the deepest pits of Hades.

Looking at complete video shows the white pickup doing a dumb :cuss: move at Richter & Raymer (i.e cutting off the drivers in proper lane for straight thru traffic). I suspect the black pickup threw the item (at Richter & KLO) which wouldn't do any damage, to show his/her discussed for that mentioned dumb :cuss: move.

impo its best as the driver of black pickup, to just say what a bonehead & move on (unless the white pickup caused a crash)

I posted this in another thread at end of August, it's about a very aggressive driver.
GordonH wrote:Toyota was in the intersection & suv was over the line (right on the bumper). The light was green when both entered, the moment it turns yellow suv layed on the horn. Then tried to go around the toyota, as to cutoff toyota from turning.
Meanwhile what I seen was toyota was waiting to make sure no one was going to run the yellow before turning.
Luckily no crash happen, even after both were on Richter the suv passed the toyota within feet of construction zone (at the old kss site).

Based on my opinion of what I witnessed, suv was extremely aggressive & driving dangerously. I wish I had camera to video it, so to hand over to the police (unfortunately the video would most likely be useless since it would not have captured plate #'s)
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

:laugh: The OP seems to have as much bottled up rage as the drivers.
Black Dogs Matter
Fledgling

Post by 7600736 »

Typical moronic, entitled Kelowna behavior. Glad I left.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

I think I know who dunnit...........
It was the Pomme Frito Bandito... :200:
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Straight comedy. Now, correct me if I'm wrong...

White pickup could be dinged for illegal lane change, as well as crossing the centre line. Both are MVA infractions, not criminal.

Charges against the black pickup would have to be pressed by the driver of the white truck. Assault? I don't know. The throwing of an object is probably covered somewhere in the MVA. But at best, both these drivers could be ticketed.

Was this incident even reported to the RCMP? I don't believe they are in the habit of cruising the internets, looking for videos of crime...

OP, I'm sensitive to your frustration, but the police going after these turkeys seems like a big waste of time to me.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

When the white truck was in the turn lane beside the black truck I have a question, forget what happened there for a moment.

The vehicle is in the left turn lane but decide to go back into the straight thru lane.
If they engage right signal light, wait for no traffic both ways and still on a green , proceed to pull back into the through the intersection lane. Then I presume it is not an offense. TRUE OR FALSE .?
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

After watching this video several times...…...deja vu...…….I believe in July or August I turned south off of 97 onto Richter and was sitting at the light at Sutherland (which has a left turn lane) when guess what, a newer WHITE FORD 1/2 like in this video did the EXACT same thing. He was behind me and then changed lanes into the left turn lane an blew straight across the intersection with opposing northbound traffic approaching the intersection.

I wonder if this was the same night and same Ford?

I will say, the white truck and its driver need a serious attitude adjustment regardless of the fries from the black truck. If this was Texas, the white Ford and driver would have been "lit up".
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Throwing a side of fries is a minor offence, throwing a milkshake should be considered a criminal offence.
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “Grab Bag”