House Insurance - home and rental ? ( BC & AB)

A potpourri of off-topics.

House Insurance - home and rental ? ( BC & AB)

Postby polelady » Jan 7th, 2019, 9:06 pm

Just got my house renewal and on a 1978 1,000 sq ft Bungalow.. it went from 900.00 per year to 1,100.00 this year.. nice increase me thinks for someone on those big bonus situations..to dictate grrrrrr
Oh well just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem.... I also have a rental unit in Alberta... and that is NOW a insurance nightmare... cause we are called absentee landlords... told the broker we have family in the same city.. who drive past once a month and send us pics... we visit there and do a semi yearly inspection... same renter for 5 yrs... year to year lease and NO claims... looks like that policy is going to double ? Waiting for the quote.... grrrrr
Just ranting about it all.. but think we are not the 1st homeowner with the same situation.. and yes we try to keep the Alberta property for back up if have to bail out of BC... sometime soon !!!!
Cheers
polelady

Liked in: 51 posts

Re: House Insurance - home and rental ? ( BC & AB)

Postby spooker » Jan 7th, 2019, 9:54 pm

I had a policy for home insurance that started at $1200 ... after 3 years the renewal notice was $1700 ... shopped around and got it down to $900 instead ... it's just over $1000 now after 3 years ... much happier with Travelers via my new broker ...
--
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. -- Plato

Bsuds likes this post.
spooker
Übergod

Liked in: 1001 posts

Postby GordonH » Jan 7th, 2019, 10:23 pm

Each time insurance companies gets hit by massive claims, they need to recoup those losses from somewhere.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence

Bpeep likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 9083 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby RVThereYet » Jan 8th, 2019, 12:17 am

GordonH wrote:Each time insurance companies gets hit by massive claims, they need to recoup those losses from somewhere.

Yup, and with wild fires, flooding and storms premiums are only going to go up...
RVThereYet
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 798 posts

Return to Grab Bag