Don't mouth off in Court Room 502

A potpourri of off-topics.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Don't mouth off in Court Room 502

Post by oneh2obabe »

Judge Qiana Lillard had Donna Kosal arrested for laughing during a sentencing hearing.

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Don't mouth off in Court Room 502

Post by OKkayak »

And rightly so. Respect seems to becoming more scarce year after year.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I was in a courtroom many years ago and warned not to chew gum as someone got thrown out for that.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

OKkayak wrote:And rightly so. Respect seems to becoming more scarce year after year.

this comment reminds me of the late 60's and the clash between the young and old. now those same people are the "old" ones. and are saying the same thing that the older segment of society did when they were young. when i see the comments and attitude that people have towards millennials i cant help wonder how and why millennials should show respect. at least in the 60's the older generation fought and bled in ww2 and deserved a modicum of respect for their duty. even if those same people were willing to sacrifice their young in vietnam for no good reason. but what do the older generation today deserve respect for? things like voting for thatchers and reagans that paved the way for destroying labor and the middle class? things like an obsession for oil and wars to feed that obsession? sending kids to die in wars and those kids having no idea what greater purpose that the wars serve? i hear my baby boomer mom talk about millennials entitlement and not understanding her grandkids. and yet i feel that she shows more entitlement than those same kids because she chose to kick back and just live off her pension as soon as she could. talking about how hard she worked for that "right". meanwhile millenial kids work just as hard or harder for immensely less buying power and earnings.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.

Return to “Grab Bag”