Careful where you pee

A potpourri of off-topics.

Careful where you pee

Postby OldBlindDog » Jun 12th, 2019, 1:16 pm

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#258519

Judging from the pic I saw from a Vancouver based news web site, it appears he fell down in the abandoned quarry on Dilworth. Not a smart move.
OldBlindDog
Fledgling

Liked in: 245 posts

Re: Careful where you pee

Postby Mike Br. » Jun 12th, 2019, 1:25 pm

Did he make a "hole-in-one"?
I mince no words. Spare me political correctness and platitudes!
Mike Br.
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 678 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Jun 12th, 2019, 1:30 pm

Doesn't matter, it will be at least 6 weeks before he can stand and have any aim at all.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 4724 posts

Postby Queen K » Jun 12th, 2019, 1:35 pm

I feel very badly for this individual.
He answered the call of Nature, thought to do so over a rock face cliff.
So what?
Does this mean he deserves ridicule?
He's likely sustained injuries that will affect him for the rest of his life, one way or another.
I hope he can still work, has sick time even. Godforbid he belong to an evil union that insisted on sick time being banked.
So as he doesn't fall into the trap of getting behind on bills and possibly becoming unable to pay rent or mortgage.
All of you who ridicule the homeless, have you ever thought on how it could happen to you?

Not saying he's in this position at all, just saying that his injuries may be substantial in nature.

And WHO for the love of GOD, hasn't had to whip out the willie outdoors?
Poop behind a bush even? Thank God nothing happened to you!

Seriously wish this man a speedy recovery.
He does not deserve to be made fun of.
At all.

End.
Using cash is one of your few forms of privacy: use it or lose it. 1984 isn't the only Orwell novel that needs to to made fiction again.

3 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 15385 posts

Postby Queen K » Jun 12th, 2019, 1:45 pm

OldBlindDog wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-258519-1-.htm#258519

Judging from the pic I saw from a Vancouver based news web site, it appears he fell down in the abandoned quarry on Dilworth. Not a smart move.

I'm not placing the word "smart" here.
Lately there have been some very unsmart things happening outdoors.
Once again I read where a person got swept to her death by being in a waterfall rock face. Deliberately went in the water and tried to get out and slipped.
I photographed a young man showing off to his girlfriend on the edges of the Palouse Falls, he was doing push ups right on the edge and she was filming it on their cell phone. Sure he lived, but smart? Nope.

But just wanting to whiz over a rock edge? Knowing nothing is actually reaching the golf course? I would say that was just a fun thing to do, what guy hasn't or thought of it? The unfortunate thing is that the edges were unsafe, maybe he would thought of it, or should have.

What I'm saying is that there are a lot of daredevil things going on out there lately. Five people have died at the edges of the Grand Canyon trying to get better selfies, not smart and sad at the very same time.

Photographers trying to get that perfect shot have died for it. A teenager died at Sphats Falls last year trying to fit into a group shot, she went past the barriers. Four people have died at Palouse Falls in the past year, their signs are very explicit about going near the edges. In fact very explicit boards are posted at Clayton Falls in Bella Coola, warning of the dangers of cold fast moving water.

Mountian climbers have died on Everest and a group of men and their guide have disappeared on other mountains lately. Do we apply the word "smart" to their efforts or only when they come back alive?

I'm just glad this young man didn't die of his injuries and hats off to his rescuers who put themselves in danger to get him out safe. I do hope he recovers well.

Just ruminating on the nature of what is "smart" out there. Sorry OldBlindDog but you got me going. :up:
Last edited by Queen K on Jun 12th, 2019, 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Using cash is one of your few forms of privacy: use it or lose it. 1984 isn't the only Orwell novel that needs to to made fiction again.

2 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby OKkayak » Jun 12th, 2019, 1:48 pm

Would it not be a bit wiser to maybe pee away from the cliff? I know, guys are guys, and when it comes to peeing, sometimes its a bit of a game, but still.

Of course, the real question is: Was "it" still out when the rescuers got there, or did he manage to tuck him back in? :biggrin:
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk

2 people like this post.
OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4217 posts

Postby Queen K » Jun 12th, 2019, 1:52 pm

I hate you.

OKkayak likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Queen K » Jun 12th, 2019, 1:53 pm

Okay, so this is a cautionary tale about "being careful where you pee" and away from the cliff is preferable.
Fine. :-X
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby OKkayak » Jun 12th, 2019, 1:53 pm

Queen K wrote:I hate you.

Take a number [icon_lol2.gif]
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk
OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Postby Queen K » Jun 12th, 2019, 1:55 pm

Too long of a line up. :200:

2 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby mexi cali » Jun 12th, 2019, 1:59 pm

Apparently "one is the loneliest number that you'll ever do". "2 can be as bad as one butt the loneliest number is the number one".
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Carrs Landing Viking likes this post.
mexi cali
Guru

Liked in: 4352 posts

Postby OKkayak » Jun 12th, 2019, 2:03 pm

Queen K wrote:Too long of a line up. :200:

:biggrin:

- James Tiberius Kirk
OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Postby gjohns87 » Jun 12th, 2019, 2:14 pm

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough..
gjohns87

Liked in: 25 posts

Postby OldBlindDog » Jun 12th, 2019, 2:15 pm

Geez, I didn't think I was being so controversial. :135:

I suppose I can consider myself lucky, Queen K, as I enjoy hiking and have stood in some spots where I shouldn't have stood, and came out unscathed. And yes, as a man who enjoys the outdoors, I have availed myself many times in the woods. Personally, I prefer to go in a spot that's a little more... discreet.

This is the pic I was referring to in my previous post. It is from a different media source, but is credited to Alanna Kelly / Castanet, and almost looks like it's affiliated with Castanet somehow, so I hope the mods are OK with the link.

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/2019/06/12/dilworth-mountain-pee-break-fall/

This is the spot where I believe he fell. I could totally be wrong, but seeing the graffiti and the colour of the rock, I think this is where it happened.

https://www.google.com/maps/@49.8976677,-119.4172497,91m/data=!3m1!1e3

I'd like to know a little bit of history behind this spot. It has always piqued my curiosity.
OldBlindDog
Fledgling

Liked in: 245 posts

Postby oneh2obabe » Jun 12th, 2019, 2:29 pm

The original story was posted at 4 p.m. stating a rider fell down an embankment and apparently suffered two broken legs. So why update the story at 5:45 p.m. and let the world know he was taking a leak?
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

3 people like this post.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Liked in: 7663 posts

Next

Return to Grab Bag