West Kelowna Costco

A potpourri of off-topics.

West Kelowna Costco

Postby I Give Up » Jul 7th, 2019, 1:49 pm

I hate to start this up yet again, but is there anything new with the rumor that it will happen?
Westside = Bestside...lets keep it that way!
I Give Up
Fledgling

Liked in: 24 posts

Re: West Kelowna Costco

Postby motokelowna1 » Jul 7th, 2019, 1:55 pm

Alls quiet on the Western Front
motokelowna1
Board Meister

Liked in: 225 posts

Postby voice of reason » Jul 7th, 2019, 2:02 pm

i dont see any costco sized building sites underway on the west side
voice of reason
Übergod

Liked in: 1585 posts

Postby madadam » Jul 7th, 2019, 2:14 pm

Was in there a couple of days ago and talked to 2 staff who we always say hi and talk to. Both said consider Costco moving to Westside as a big rumor, that's it. They did say that there will be a gas bar, and when pressed to say where, they said will be "down the road a bit" from their current location. All they could and would say on that.
madadam
Board Meister

Liked in: 168 posts

Postby Trixster » Jul 7th, 2019, 2:16 pm

madadam wrote:Was in there a couple of days ago and talked to 2 staff who we always say hi and talk to. Both said consider Costco moving to Westside as a big rumor, that's it. They did say that there will be a gas bar, and when pressed to say where, they said will be "down the road a bit" from their current location. All they could and would say on that.

I heard from a very reliable source that its going across from the Superstore in that big empty lot that sits in between Leckie and Durnin.
Trixster
Fledgling

Liked in: 90 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Jul 7th, 2019, 2:18 pm

Trixster wrote:I heard from a very reliable source that its going across from the Superstore in that big empty lot that sits in between Leckie and Durnin.

Your grape vine has root rot.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 4724 posts

Postby Country plough boy » Jul 7th, 2019, 2:31 pm

This is possibly the longest running joke ive ever heard. We all know it would be foolish to relocate to Westbank.
Country plough boy
Übergod

Liked in: 891 posts

Postby GordonH » Jul 7th, 2019, 2:44 pm

I Give Up wrote:I hate to start this up yet again, but is there anything new with the rumor that it will happen?

Absolutely nothing but pure rumor.

Until a location with a bigger lot size then current one & big sign saying the future home of costco is actually seen & witnessed.

It will continue to be nothing but pure rumor.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8985 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Lady tehMa » Jul 8th, 2019, 5:45 pm

Trixster wrote:I heard from a very reliable source that it's going across from the Superstore in that big empty lot that sits in between Leckie and Durnin.

alanjh595 wrote:Your grape vine has root rot.

Actually, alanjh595 - I heard that rumour too. I heard it from a family member who was disinclined to share his source.
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4591 posts

Postby Lady tehMa » Jul 15th, 2019, 9:29 am

I drove past the lot on Baron/Leckie yesterday and there were stakes with pink tape on them all over the place. Driving down Springfield this morning and I saw an official-looking truck and what appear to be surveyors. Nothing on the City development site about it, but something is happening there.
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Postby GordonH » Jul 16th, 2019, 3:32 pm

Lady tehMa wrote:I drove past the lot on Baron/Leckie yesterday and there were stakes with pink tape on them all over the place. Driving down Springfield this morning and I saw an official-looking truck and what appear to be surveyors. Nothing on the City development site about it, but something is happening there.

I drove past that large empty area behind SuperStore it appears someone is interested in it and yes there are surveyors.
Its more the big enough
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby Lady tehMa » Jul 17th, 2019, 7:40 am

GordonH wrote:
I drove past that large empty area behind SuperStore it appears someone is interested in it and yes there are surveyors.
It's more the big enough

It isn't an awful lot larger than the one it is currently on; if they put a gas bar in we'd be left with the same area or less for the parking and building. If the building ends up larger, we could end up with less parking. I don't know about you, but I'm desperately hoping for a gas bar.

Comparison of lots here
ortho.jpg

The site in question is actually 4 lots, all told.
Lot Ortho.jpg

So, that's why I'm a little doubtful that this could be a potential site for a new Costco.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You're welcome.

Bsuds likes this post.
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Postby GordonH » Jul 17th, 2019, 10:45 am

^^^ total area based on quick measurement it about 8,000 +/- sq meters larger than current location.

Only piece of property in the area actually big enough is the Bennett land across Springfield from former the target store, unfortunately it's still in a the alr.
Last edited by GordonH on Jul 17th, 2019, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby pieinthei » Jul 17th, 2019, 10:45 am

Lady tehMa wrote:I drove past the lot on Baron/Leckie yesterday and there were stakes with pink tape on them all over the place. Driving down Springfield this morning and I saw an official-looking truck and what appear to be surveyors. Nothing on the City development site about it, but something is happening there.

pretty close to Rutland, maybe its another "wet house"
:swear:
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 839 posts

Return to Grab Bag