Welcome to GregB

A potpourri of off-topics.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Welcome Gregb!!!

So you're a Doctor?

Edited to apease GK!
Last edited by Triple 6 on Aug 16th, 2007, 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
gregb
Fledgling

day in the life

Post by gregb »

ferri wrote:welcome gregb, since yer like totally in like California could you send me a case of white wine? :lol: oh, and i have a friend in Moro Bay. do you know him?

:lol:

Once upon a time a Texan, Californian, and Kelownian went camping. That night around the campfire, the Texan pulled out a bottle of whiskey, pulled off the cap, took a largish swig, and threw the bottle in the air whence he preceded to shoot it with his six-gun. The other two campers looked at him in amazement and asked him why he did that?

"Well, I'm from Texas--the land of livin' large--and there's a lot more whiskey where I come from. We have more than we can handle."

The Californian took out a bottle of red wine and a bottle of micro-brew. After swigging both, he threw the beer and the wine up in the air, stole the Texan's gun and shot them both before they hit the ground. He said,

"I'm from California. We have gun laws, so I borrowed your gun, but that doesn't mean I don't know how to shoot having grown up in Los Angeles. As to the micro-brew and red wine? They're a dime a dozen in California. We have more than we can handle."

The Kelownian, pulled out a bottle of white wine. She carefully pulled out the screw cap, poured a small amount into a carefully sanitized white wine glass, sniffed the full bouquet, and then proceeded to steal the texan's gun and shoot both of the other campers.

After a few minutes of golden, natural silence, the Kelownian was overcome with guilt and meant to confess her sins.

"Dear God I am sorry for drinking the abomination that is white wine. I realize that jesus juice is supposed to be red for blood. I am also sorry for murdering those two campers, but I'm sure you'll forgive me. They were americans, and in Kelowna, there's a lot more where they come from and we already have more than we can handle."

Greg
“There's no sense in being precise when you don't even know what you're talking about.” Jon von Neumann
gregb
Fledgling

Post by gregb »

Triple 6 wrote:Welcome Gregb!!!

So your a Doctor?

Oh yeah, I get that too. Dr., I have this pain in my arm every time I do this. Well, don't do that.

Strictly computer sciences.

Greg
“There's no sense in being precise when you don't even know what you're talking about.” Jon von Neumann
Gordian Knot
Übergod

Post by Gordian Knot »

Welcome GregB. I don't know what Jo promised you in order to entice you to join this forum, but it better be good!

I'm sure we'll enjoy your banter around these parts. And, at the very least, I'm sure you don't believe we all live in igloos up here in the cold north. :)
A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart till the day you die.
-- Mary Mason
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Gordian Knot wrote:I'm sure you don't believe we all live in igloos up here in the cold north. :)

Heck everyone knows they melt in the summer and we have to wait for the first good snowfall to build our winter homes!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
BriTer
Guru

Re: Welcome to GregB

Post by BriTer »

gregb wrote:
Everything after that's been a blur. :-)

Greg

Its that white wine!
Welcome :)
"Let there be smoke." And there was smoke. And it was gooooooood.
crash 99
Walks on Forum Water

Post by crash 99 »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

:200:

:141: ...........Sorry GregB.......... :smt090

ImageWELCOME ABOARD!!

:124: :130:

:-$ .....don't forget the chocolate for Jo...she can get really grumpy when she's not bribed!! :127: :1422:
dandynick5
Guru

Post by dandynick5 »

I'd just like to join everyone else in welcoming you to our depraved playground of inanities! I too share your pain in having my spouse espouse my computer skills. Unfortunately, my skills entail turning it on and trying to find the 'any' key.
As long as you realize that we might hack on you from time to time. Ooh, pardon that really bad pun! :1422:
This signature may be a forgery.
gregb
Fledgling

I know this topic thread is long dead, but....

Post by gregb »

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Bolcer%27s+Corollary&btnG=Google+Search

Bolcer's First Corollary to Goodwin's law:
(as stated in 'Skewering AI for Fun and Profit')
:Bolcer's First Corollary: /prov./ Any Internet discussion containing
more than 3 replies will converge on the topic of sex or death 97% of
the time.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

HEY!!! someone payed the ransom! welcome back gregb! i was wondering where you were!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

...took him that long to research Goodwin's law, which by the way I do not believe.
Oh! Have you heard the one about the nun that died while having sex? :)
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Welcome Greg.

Ferri, you're bad, you should be drinking BC wine.............
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

well i do drink BC wine MaxMom...but i do have favorites... :lol:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
gregb
Fledgling

Re:

Post by gregb »

ferri wrote:HEY!!! someone payed the ransom! welcome back gregb! i was wondering where you were!

Never pay the ransom!

http://www.castanet.net/news/Writers-Bl ... Do-not-pay

(Yes, it took me 8 years to think of something clever to say....)
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Welcome to GregB

Post by mexi cali »

Yorba Linda; isn't that where the right honorable Richard Nixon was from and is buried?

Yes, I could have googled it but, well hey, maybe I'm right.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Grab Bag”