Gerin oil

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

cerealkiller wrote:nathan, I tried to reply to zzontar with your answer :1422: I agree with you...
zzontar is heavy on Gerin oil and imagines things and words that aren't there.
"Medium doses of Gerin Oil, though not in themselves dangerous, can distort perceptions of reality. Gerin Oil in strong doses is hallucinogenic. Hardcore mainliners may hear voices in the head, or experience visual illusions that seem to the sufferers so real that they often succeed in persuading others of their reality"

damngrumpy, damn right!
:124:

Perhaps you could clarify about things that I'm imagining.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
cerealkiller
Übergod

Post by cerealkiller »

AlanH said it best:

"You may need to read it again, if all you drew from that is that "everyone religious would be a heartless killer"

I think it was quite clear on defining the "Drug" use in moderation, and low doses. I believe you are failing to read the finer points made in the text, you may find it is in fact, quite clever.

I don't try to imagine a personal God; it suffices to stand in awe at the structure of the world, insofar as it allows our inadequate senses to appreciate it.
A.Einstein
MJB2006
Fledgling

Post by MJB2006 »

I think it is a very clever article - and probably accurate. I also believe that extremism is quite unlikely without religion.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

cerealkiller wrote:AlanH said it best:

"You may need to read it again, if all you drew from that is that "everyone religious would be a heartless killer"

I think it was quite clear on defining the "Drug" use in moderation, and low doses. I believe you are failing to read the finer points made in the text, you may find it is in fact, quite clever.

Yup, he pointed it out already... I didn't argue the fact... so what's the point in dwelling on it?
They say you can't believe everything they say.
cerealkiller
Übergod

Post by cerealkiller »

First you ask me a question and when I give you an answer, you accuse me of dwelling on the subject. Image
I don't try to imagine a personal God; it suffices to stand in awe at the structure of the world, insofar as it allows our inadequate senses to appreciate it.
A.Einstein
tikbor
Fledgling

Post by tikbor »

Ummm...extremism without religion - try Green Peace, PETA, a host of other tree-hugger type estremists...my niece is so sucked into PETA she eats nothing, cries if one kills a spider or (God forbid) a mouse - yet doesn't get that there are sooo many other animal issues of cruelty that she could channel her energy into, and - as far as I know - there is no religion attached (but I could be wrong).
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Couldn't PETA in a way be religious? Don't they grab a hold of newbies and indoctrinate them? Then keep up the pressure by giving examples and constantly reaffirming the beliefs?

Actually, I don't know if they do. But it sounds just like something those burger haters would do.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
tikbor
Fledgling

Post by tikbor »

Thing is, I respect what they stand for - not abusing any living creatures on our planet, for any reason. BUT there are plenty of times where we wouldn't have certain medical knowledge without the help of our furry friends. I don't condone testing without reason or necessity (I heard about ten years ago that L'Oreal would test cosmetics when they already had answers or other testing resources - that's not cool). But I question extremists like this when there are people (of the human kind!) starving, dying of disease, killing each other, etc. etc. and she freaks out when someone steps on an ant. I really wish she'd go and hang out and volunteer at the SPCA sometimes and check out some of the local issues even there without practically starving herself. The amount of energy and time and money she puts into consuming products & food products that are animal & animal by-product free (no eggs or dairy, even) is unbelievable. I have to admire her for her stamina, but it drives me mad that there are so many other things she could use this energy for that would help so much more in the here & now.
tikbor
Fledgling

Post by tikbor »

AND that they (PETA) take for granted so much that we have now that has come from animals/animal research...

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”