No label

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Saxon

Re: No label

Post by Saxon »

sooperphreek wrote:HEY DAVE I FIGURED ID TAKE IT A STEP FURTHER AND MAKE IT REAL EASY TO READ FOR YA. I WASNT OFF TOPIC BECAUSE THE THREAD IS ABOUT LABELS OR THE LACK THEREOF. I THINK MOST PEOPLE IN ORGANIZED RELIGION AND IN A BIBLE BELT LIKE KELOWNA AND THE VALLEY ARE ONLY THAT....A LABEL OF A "CHRISTIAN". AS FAR AS THE SPLIT HAIRS ON MY THOUGHT OUT AND RELEVANT POST (IN MY OPINION) I WAS FULLY PREPARED FOR THAT AND I WAS ACTUALLY HAPPY TO SEE SOME GOOD AND VALID POINTS AS OPPOSED TO PETTY ONES. JUST A TRIBUTE TO HOW SOME PEOPLE HAVE SO MANY POST NUMBERS I GUESS. AND AS FAR AS THE REBUTTLE OF THE NEIGHBOR AND MISSIONARY POINT I THINK THAT GOING AWAY IS FOR THE GLORY AND NOT THE CHANGE. AND IMAGINE IF THE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS GOING TO THE MISSIONARIES WENT INTO OUR OWN COMMUNITIES AND HELPED THOSE SAME SALLY ANNS AND FOOD BANKS AND THE HOMELESS. THERE WOULD BE NO SUFFERING AT HOME AND THE ORGANIZED CHURCHES WOULD REALLY HAVE SOMETHING TO ACTUALLY CRY AT THE PULPIT STAIRS ABOUT DURING THE SONG (WHOOPS I MEAN WORSHIP) PART OF THE SERVICE. ITS NOT ABOUT THE BRAGGING YOU SAY? THATS FUNNY CONSIDERING THAT I HAVE BEEN TO SERVICES DURING MY LIFE WHEN IT WAS MISSIONARY MONTH AND IT WAS A SHOULDER SLAPPING FEST PLEDGING TO "GIVE MORE" NEXT YEAR. IF THATS NOT FOR GLORY THEN WHAT IS? ANYWAYS THANKS FOR THE THOUGHTS AND KUDOS TO THE WELL THOUGHT OUT RESPONSES.

I'd add that the people who went from my church family raised the money themselves... most of it coming from their own savings....shoulder slapping fest? Ill happily slap shoulders if I and others raise money or do something good for my fellow man... but its not the personal glory thats important... Im not wanting to slap shoulders because im a great guy and you should acknowledge me as such... id be slapping shoulders in the joy I have that we made a difference we helped to change someones life for the better...there's just something about seeing a child not need to walk 14 miles a day to a well for water and having food where there previously had been none that just puts a smile on my face... maybe im just weird
bdbnkr

Post by bdbnkr »

sooperphreek wrote:HEY DAVE I FIGURED ID TAKE IT A STEP FURTHER AND MAKE IT REAL EASY TO READ FOR YA. I WASNT OFF TOPIC BECAUSE THE THREAD IS ABOUT LABELS OR THE LACK THEREOF. I THINK MOST PEOPLE IN ORGANIZED RELIGION AND IN A BIBLE BELT LIKE KELOWNA AND THE VALLEY ARE ONLY THAT....A LABEL OF A "CHRISTIAN". AS FAR AS THE SPLIT HAIRS ON MY THOUGHT OUT AND RELEVANT POST (IN MY OPINION) I WAS FULLY PREPARED FOR THAT AND I WAS ACTUALLY HAPPY TO SEE SOME GOOD AND VALID POINTS AS OPPOSED TO PETTY ONES. JUST A TRIBUTE TO HOW SOME PEOPLE HAVE SO MANY POST NUMBERS I GUESS. AND AS FAR AS THE REBUTTLE OF THE NEIGHBOR AND MISSIONARY POINT I THINK THAT GOING AWAY IS FOR THE GLORY AND NOT THE CHANGE. AND IMAGINE IF THE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS GOING TO THE MISSIONARIES WENT INTO OUR OWN COMMUNITIES AND HELPED THOSE SAME SALLY ANNS AND FOOD BANKS AND THE HOMELESS. THERE WOULD BE NO SUFFERING AT HOME AND THE ORGANIZED CHURCHES WOULD REALLY HAVE SOMETHING TO ACTUALLY CRY AT THE PULPIT STAIRS ABOUT DURING THE SONG (WHOOPS I MEAN WORSHIP) PART OF THE SERVICE. ITS NOT ABOUT THE BRAGGING YOU SAY? THATS FUNNY CONSIDERING THAT I HAVE BEEN TO SERVICES DURING MY LIFE WHEN IT WAS MISSIONARY MONTH AND IT WAS A SHOULDER SLAPPING FEST PLEDGING TO "GIVE MORE" NEXT YEAR. IF THATS NOT FOR GLORY THEN WHAT IS? ANYWAYS THANKS FOR THE THOUGHTS AND KUDOS TO THE WELL THOUGHT OUT RESPONSES.

I would disagree with the point "AND IMAGINE IF THE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS GOING TO THE MISSIONARIES WENT INTO OUR OWN COMMUNITIES AND HELPED THOSE SAME SALLY ANNS AND FOOD BANKS AND THE HOMELESS. THERE WOULD BE NO SUFFERING AT HOME AND THE ORGANIZED CHURCHES WOULD REALLY HAVE SOMETHING TO ACTUALLY CRY AT THE PULPIT STAIRS ABOUT DURING THE SONG (WHOOPS I MEAN WORSHIP) PART OF THE SERVICE." Even if we spent every single dollar in our own communities there would still be suffering. You cannot not help everyone. If every single person who needed help accepted what was offered then we would have no suffering. Unfortunatley not everyone who is offered the help accepts it. So should we ignore people who want help in other parts of the world so we can spend more time trying to help those who already do not accept the help that is offered to them?

For some it is for the Glory... for most it is for the Joy that helping others brings. Do you not feel good when you do something nice for someone? The sholder slapping is fest is not bragging for most. It is an outward expression of the joy felt by helping others. Of course you may feel it is better to not help others... that way you have more money to buy new toys and more time to show them off. Charity is a sacrifice. It means you are giving up what is valuable to you to help others. The fact that this sacrifice feels good when we do it encourages us to keep doing it.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

sooperphreek! stop with the all caps!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Post by CountryAtHeart »

Good Grief sooperphreek!