Faith > Doctors?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Faith > Doctors?

Post by JonyDarko »

Not to downplay anyones faith healing stories but they all seem to be second or even third hand accounts. Has anyone on these forums actually been cured by any alternative means? If so can you prove you were ill and that you were healed? There are many scams in the world and growing up in and around Philadelphia, New Jersey, and New York I have seen many of them. Most of which are very deceiving and will fool the most intelligent people into thinking they have seen one thing when really they saw nothing at all or something completely different, not too mention that second / third hand stories are often embellished with each new person telling it.
mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board

Post by mechanic_virus »

I found this video on godtube that clearly shows men being completely cured of the HIV virus through the power of prayer... or does it?
http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?v ... 3b887fb76d
I also received a newsletter from the Oasis of Love Miracle Centre with an article claiming that they had cured a woman of AIDS. When I'd sent a reply asking for some specific details, they cancelled my subscription.

I'm all for people receiving treatment for health concerns in any way they prefer - so long as it is done honestly, with no false promises or claims of a cure unless there is scientific testing performed to back it up. For instance, a person should not be told that HIV has been eradicated from their body without a PCR to confirm.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by JonyDarko »

You should post that video in the laugh in. :dyinglaughing:

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”