Book of Mormon

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
cliffy1
Übergod

Re: Book of Mormon

Post by cliffy1 »

Hmmm wrote: The law of Moses. Look it up. of course your church didn't teach you about it. The law is over 600 laws.

Those are not laws but rules for living in Israel over 2000 years ago. They do not apply to gentiles and most have no relevance in today's world.

I used to work for a Mormon. He gave me a copy of the book. I think I read about 9 pages when I realized it was a bunch of BS. It was the part where the leader of the migrants to America were in western Europe realized they didn't have the book of their history and sent his son back to Israel to retrieve it. The man who had it refused to give it to him so the son went off into the desert despondent. He prayed for guidance and the Lord came to him and said, go back and kill the man and take the book to his father like he was commanded to do. At this point, I through the book into the garbage.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

cliffy1 wrote:Those are not laws but rules for living in Israel over 2000 years ago. They do not apply to gentiles and most have no relevance in today's world.
First let me state I, in no way agree with the Mormons or their book.

As for the law of Moses, it is called that. They were statues, penalty's and guidance on how to judge them. There were rules in there too. What would you call them? Rules or laws? They sound like laws to me.

Example: if you do this, this will happen to you. The priest or Judge will determine, or rule over the matter.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”