Reincarnation

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
sweetwhisper

Reincarnation

Post by sweetwhisper »

I had a rather interesting conversation with a lady who had a past life regression and a follow up with something called life between life hypnotherapy. In a 5 hour span, it seems she was taken back to a past life and then to her death in that life in order to get into her spirit state and communicate with 'higher beings'. She never used the word God, but told me of of a place where we select our 'life to be' and all its trials ect in order to learn what appears to be universal love and the such.. That we are not judged on what we have done but it is discussed 'how' we did while in this incarnation, wheather we did what we set out to do.......

I sat through this a little on the wall of thinking she was a nut bar and in a way kind of hoping she was onto something (not on something)..

I expect the usual nay sayers to beak off but I am also hoping that there is someone else out there who has heard of or experienced this....

I had never thought about what happens after I died because I always thought I'd be dead and it wouldn't really matter, but this hit a nerve..
Any takers?
justmyopinion
Lord of the Board

Re: Reincarnation:

Post by justmyopinion »

WOW! I am a believer in reincarnation...I would love to experience what she did...I think that would be sooooo amazing!
sweetwhisper

Post by sweetwhisper »

My friend gave me a book that may interest you. Has me spellbound. Its called life between lives by Michael Newton. This is something new for me to be thinking but it has me reading and looking for his other books.
I am only 1/4 way through and am having trouble putting it down.. I looked it up on the library web page and they carry it.

Read it and let me know what you think.... I seriously want to have this done now. :discodance:

Would love to hear from others that have even had a past life regression and see what they think of the whole thing...
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Tad James developed a process called "time line therapy" this process has been used by many therapists since he published his work. I have had some experience with this process, I was trained in its use by a therapist trained by Tad James himself.
Some people have used this technique to do therapy as it is powerful and effective, people have also used it to take people back in time past their birth, and forward in time past their death. I think that the process is effective but once you begin to move past the limits of your own recall then you are venturing into the "woo woo' world. Too many Egyptian princesses too few slaves.
We're lost but we're making good time.
sweetwhisper

Post by sweetwhisper »

Nibs wrote:Tad James developed a process called "time line therapy" this process has been used by many therapists since he published his work. I have had some experience with this process, I was trained in its use by a therapist trained by Tad James himself.
Some people have used this technique to do therapy as it is powerful and effective, people have also used it to take people back in time past their birth, and forward in time past their death. I think that the process is effective but once you begin to move past the limits of your own recall then you are venturing into the "woo woo' world. Too many Egyptian princesses too few slaves.

I hope I read your thing right:
Okay then, are you saying once you are out of what your normal memory banks are storing 'in this life time', that everything that is recalled is false? That seems to me to be the whole reason of being regressed is to find out what is past what we can't remember.
I am rather new to this thought pattern but, quite frankly I am interested in it to see where some of my fears ect come from and see if they could be explained out through a regression. I am a loner and don't need the spotlight to live a good life, (the cleopatra thingie), and am rather mentally sound, not depressed or sad, don't need to quit any habits ( I enjoy the ones I have) so regular therapy is not something I would seek out, but, after reading this book I am wondering if I could have brought some crap with me into this 'time around'....
Nightmares from early on in my life actually have me being eaten by the lions not slaying them and uncalled for back pains (real with xrays but no injury) where 'the lions' ate me. If you can do this kind of therapy, ,,,,,, I may be interested.....
I will check out Tad James' papers if I can find them.

thank you for your reply..
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Your past is a creation of your mind, your unconscious creates/recalls your memory, in such a way as it thinks best for you. An example is the fact that memories of physical pain, fade into the background, every mother knows this. If you or your unconscious creates a "past life(s)" as a result of some form of trance induction, recognize that it is a construct of your mind, that is not to dismiss a possible usefulness of this constructed memory, your unconscious may be helping you to understand a behavior which may be effecting you. The people I have guided through their time line and past their death, have never created future personae, but have sensed the beauty of the universe which will continue long after each of us and our solar system have ceased to exist.
gemmamine

Post by gemmamine »

Some thoughts to share: Has anyone looked at a tree, really looked at a tree - the changes it experiences coinciding with the seasons? For instance: Spring: the buds form, Summer: full bloom, Fall: the leaves drop, Winter: the tree hibernates, and the cycle continues...year after year...after year...
Doesn't this remind you of something?
What I am alluding to is this procedure is very similar, if not identical to the cycle of human life that each has it own seasons. For example, in the Spring: the child is born; in Summer: these are the active & enjoyable years of its life; in Fall: maturity and a slow down of sorts, discards what is no longer needed, is not as active; and the Winter: is when most adults basically become inactive ready for hibernation (hibernation in this sense is returning to its own soul energy where those physical experiences are recalled and understood) and then the cycle continues...lifetime after lifetime...after lifetime...

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience." Pierre Teilhard de Charden, a Jesuit Priest.

When the full comprehension of this statement is understood, plus the analogy of the tree and its seasons, the light bulb can definitely turn on allowing a much deeper recognition of What Is!

Cheers!
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

When asked about reincarnation the Buddha answered

"if a candle flame is blown out, and then relit, is it the same flame or a new flame?"
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

gemmamine wrote: "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience." Pierre Teilhard de Charden, a Jesuit Priest.

I have heard that before but never knew it was a Jesuit Priest who coined the phrase. I liked it because it is a very interesting idea to consider. Thanks for posting it.

gemmamine wrote: ... this [the seasons] procedure is very similar, if not identical to the cycle of human life that each has it own seasons. For example, in the Spring: the child is born; in Summer: these are the active & enjoyable years of its life; in Fall: maturity and a slow down of sorts, discards what is no longer needed, is not as active; and the Winter: is when most adults basically become inactive ready for hibernation (hibernation in this sense is returning to its own soul energy where those physical experiences are recalled and understood) and then the cycle continues...lifetime after lifetime...after lifetime...

Interesting analogy. I don’t know what I believe about reincarnation. I don’t know if our consciousness or identity continues to exist past death. The Krishna believe we pass through spiritual planes of existence and the closer we get to becoming one with the Godhead (reaching heaven, becoming one with God), the less we retain of our own identity. In other words, there will come a time where you will be unable to recognize yourself as an individual entity. In other words you will no longer be self-aware as you will just be a part of the collective whole – that being God.

I don’t really believe in past lives or past life regression (but I could be wrong). I would think that if the idea had any validity it might be something closer to genetic memory and you’re experiencing some residual memory of an ancestor. My personal belief is that if there is life (self-aware life that is) after death and there is reincarnation it makes more sense to me that the process is something closer to what the Krishna believe.

As an interesting side note I once heard that Christ was to have spoken about the idea of reincarnation but those ideas were censored from the Bible long ago by the Roman Catholic Church. The motive behind that was purely political and a ploy for power and control. The Church wanted everyone to believe that this life was the one and only chance for people to gain favour with God, and that by succumbing to the will of the Church you could avoid an eternity of damnation. I don’t know how true that is but it would not surprise me at all.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Nibs wrote: "if a candle flame is blown out, and then relit, is it the same flame or a new flame?"

New flame (damn Buddha always trying to show off with trick questions)
gemmamine

Post by gemmamine »

Nibs wrote:When asked about reincarnation the Buddha answered

"if a candle flame is blown out, and then relit, is it the same flame or a new flame?"

Hi Nibs:
With regard to reincarnation, the answer is obvious. It is the same flame energy having a different experience.
Cheers!
gemmamine

Post by gemmamine »

steven lloyd wrote:
gemmamine wrote: "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience." Pierre Teilhard de Charden, a Jesuit Priest.

I have heard that before but never knew it was a Jesuit Priest who coined the phrase. I liked it because it is a very interesting idea to consider. Thanks for posting it.
You are welcomed - that quote helped me put everything into perspective.

gemmamine wrote: ... this [the seasons] procedure is very similar, if not identical to the cycle of human life that each has it own seasons. For example, in the Spring: the child is born; in Summer: these are the active & enjoyable years of its life; in Fall: maturity and a slow down of sorts, discards what is no longer needed, is not as active; and the Winter: is when most adults basically become inactive ready for hibernation (hibernation in this sense is returning to its own soul energy where those physical experiences are recalled and understood) and then the cycle continues...lifetime after lifetime...after lifetime...

stephen wrote: Interesting analogy. I don’t know what I believe about reincarnation. I don’t know if our consciousness or identity continues to exist past death.

If it is the same soul energy, why wouldn't it? Consider this: death of a human does not mean the soul of that human no longer exists, the body maybe but not the soul which is eternal and an expression of the God energy which is the whole purpose - maybe think of death of the physical body in terms of trading in your car when it is no longer useful...translated: the human experience has been fulfilled and is no longer needed, a time to retreat to the soul energy to digest that human experience.

stephen wrote: The Krishna believe we pass through spiritual planes of existence and the closer we get to becoming one with the Godhead (reaching heaven, becoming one with God), the less we retain of our own identity. In other words, there will come a time where you will be unable to recognize yourself as an individual entity. In other words you will no longer be self-aware as you will just be a part of the collective whole – that being God.

I respect the Krishna beliefs but do not entirely agree with all of these. But then, this is what this forum is about isn't it, an exchange and sharing of philosophies that make sense to the person?
There are many beliefs and philosophies to choose from - it's actually whatever resonates with a person as to what is accepted or not accepted. In other words whatever the person feels comfortable with.

stephen wrote:I don’t really believe in past lives or past life regression (but I could be wrong).

Past life regression can be very helpful and has proven so for me, explained many many questions.

stephen wrote:...Christ was to have spoken about the idea of reincarnation but those ideas were censored from the Bible long ago by the Roman Catholic Church.

Yes, that was Constantine in the 4th century.

[quote=stephen'] The motive behind that was purely political and a ploy for power and control. The Church wanted everyone to believe that this life was the one and only chance for people to gain favour with God, and that by succumbing to the will of the Church you could avoid an eternity of damnation. I don’t know how true that is but it would not surprise me at all.

In those early years the RC Church was quite ruthless in "encouraging" everyone ... as the history of the Cathars clearly reveals, not to mention the inquisitions.

You know stephen, as mentioned there are many philosophies available to choose from - each are valid for whomever supports and resonates with any particular one. This is not to say each one is the correct one - this is where a person needs to discern for themself on what makes sense to them, accepting and creating their own Truth instead of just accepting without questioning.

Cheers!
gemmamine

Post by gemmamine »

sweetwhisper wrote:I had a rather interesting conversation with a lady who had a past life regression and a follow up with something called life between life hypnotherapy. In a 5 hour span, it seems she was taken back to a past life and then to her death in that life in order to get into her spirit state and communicate with 'higher beings'. She never used the word God, but told me of of a place where we select our 'life to be' and all its trials ect in order to learn what appears to be universal love and the such.. That we are not judged on what we have done but it is discussed 'how' we did while in this incarnation, wheather we did what we set out to do.......

Hi sweetwhisper:
This is a very wise lady and the sharing of her experience is very much appreciated. There are many books on the market which confirm what she has spoken.

sweetwhisper wrote: I sat through this a little on the wall of thinking she was a nut bar and in a way kind of hoping she was onto something (not on something)..
I expect the usual nay sayers to beak off but I am also hoping that there is someone else out there who has heard of or experienced this....
I had never thought about what happens after I died because I always thought I'd be dead and it wouldn't really matter, but this hit a nerve..
Any takers?

When a person dies, that's not the end of everything, game over sort of thing , you're dumped in the ground and that's it - did you know there are many who have passed who actually attend their own funeral before leaving to carry on to what they need to do? At some funerals there is always an empty chair...guess who that's for?

You know, sometimes a person just has to think "outside the box" to get the nuggets of Truth. As mentioned there are many good books out there to read - reading the fly leaf or cover leaf first is recommended to find out if that book will resonate with your inner being - if it does, you will instinctively know if that book is for you or not. The other thing is it helps to be receptive to what is written, then decide. Remember it is your mind, your box of knowledge that you are feeding, expanding...that's the bottom line...
Cheers!
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

gemmamine wrote: You know stephen, as mentioned there are many philosophies available to choose from - each are valid for whomever supports and resonates with any particular one. This is not to say each one is the correct one - this is where a person needs to discern for themself on what makes sense to them, accepting and creating their own Truth instead of just accepting without questioning. Cheers!

Your use of the quote function got a bit muddled and confusing, but if you were responding to me - yes, I do know. I have always maintained that (and just to be clear, I am not Krishna, nor am I a Christian or a Buddhist or a follower of any defined religion or paradigm).
gemmamine

Post by gemmamine »

steven lloyd wrote:
gemmamine wrote: You know stephen, as mentioned there are many philosophies available to choose from - each are valid for whomever supports and resonates with any particular one. This is not to say each one is the correct one - this is where a person needs to discern for themself on what makes sense to them, accepting and creating their own Truth instead of just accepting without questioning. Cheers!

Your use of the quote function got a bit muddled and confusing, but if you were responding to me - yes, I do know. I have always maintained that (and just to be clear, I am not Krishna, nor am I a Christian or a Buddhist or a follower of any defined religion or paradigm).

Hi Steven:
My apologies - am new to this Forum and not sure how the respond actually works.
Again, whatever religion or philosophy resonates with a person as their Truth is unique to them, even if in the process of recognizing this there might be part of one that resonates as Truth for them, whereas the rest doesn't - this method of picking and choosing allows a person to recognize their own Truth, of what makes sense to them. The concepts of only one religion or philosophy does not have to be accepted carte blanche if the complete concepts do not resonate - that is where the "free will of discernment" bestowed by the Creator to humanity is activated.
And, for the record, it is irrelevant if you are a follower of this or that religion/philosophy - the only part that is important is that you, yourself, find your own Truth that resonates with you and helps you in your chosen path. You are the only one who would know this.
Cheers!

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”