Noah's Ark

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?

Re: Noah's Ark

Postby averagejoe » Feb 24th, 2011, 6:39 pm

Queen K wrote:This site is posted by either Average Joe or Peaceseeker in another category.

Interesting stuff to be sure.


Peaceseeker has a thread on Gobekli Tepe.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.
User avatar
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11400
Likes: 2434 posts
Liked in: 1813 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:50 pm

Re: Noah's Ark

Postby averagejoe » Feb 24th, 2011, 7:00 pm

5VP wrote:http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeology/gobekli-tepe.html

This site is located only a few hundred kilometers from Mt Ararat...


The Black Sea Stonehedge or Armenia Stonehendge is near gobekli-tepe!

http://www.astrologycom.com/armstone1.html
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.
User avatar
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11400
Likes: 2434 posts
Liked in: 1813 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:50 pm

Re: Noahs Ark

Postby GordonH » Feb 24th, 2011, 7:52 pm

hockeyfan1970 wrote:The story may or may not have happen means no difference to me. The another stories and events within the OT & NT also may or may not have happen. What is interesting is finding those tiny threads weaved threw out the bible, starting out very visible and then being harder and harder to find.

For those serious into studying the bible take a look of the account of the construction of the Ark (take 3D version make it into 1D) see what you find.

Have fun with this.............


So any thoughts to this...........
2018 Memorial Cup Finals, May 27, 2018. QJMHL Acadie-Bathurst Titan vs Host Team/Regina Pats for Memorial Cup.
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 19931
Likes: 2181 posts
Liked in: 6876 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: Noah's Ark

Postby Queen K » Feb 24th, 2011, 8:42 pm

The Armenia Stonehenge article is fascinating stuff.
Our saddest days are when we add up our losses, and losses seem to be our saddest when we lose our best. Proud to be a "Leaf-licker" and I know who else is too. **smiles**
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 52134
Likes: 11667 posts
Liked in: 12130 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 12:39 pm
Location: What? You mean here?

Re: Noah's Ark

Postby averagejoe » Feb 24th, 2011, 9:01 pm

Queen K wrote:The Armenia Stonehenge article is fascinating stuff.


That whole area is one fascinating area Queen K. You will find that the that the Ancient people of Europe have historical ties to the Armenian area. More like that area is where they come from. Lots of European names come from there. Like Albania, Iberia, Galacia......You will find the migration of the Scythian's and Parthian's after the fall of their empires into Europe thru land routes or by the Mediterranean Sea. See map and a little wiki history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scythia
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.
User avatar
averagejoe
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11400
Likes: 2434 posts
Liked in: 1813 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:50 pm

Re: Noahs Ark

Postby Born_again » Feb 24th, 2011, 9:56 pm

hockeyfan1970 wrote:
hockeyfan1970 wrote:[....]For those serious into studying the bible take a look of the account of the construction of the Ark (take 3D version make it into 1D) see what you find.

Have fun with this.............


So any thoughts to this...........

I'm not following your drift. What exactly are you getting at with all the dimension stuff?
Image
User avatar
Born_again
Guru
 
Posts: 5352
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: May 29th, 2008, 2:21 am
Location: Stuck in a pile of nature

Re: Noahs Ark

Postby wthwyt » Feb 24th, 2011, 11:16 pm

Born_again wrote:
hockeyfan1970 wrote:
hockeyfan1970 wrote:[....]For those serious into studying the bible take a look of the account of the construction of the Ark (take 3D version make it into 1D) see what you find.

Have fun with this.............


So any thoughts to this...........

I'm not following your drift. What exactly are you getting at with all the dimension stuff?


I think hockeyfan has been hit one to many times with a puck.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3316
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Sep 3rd, 2009, 4:32 pm
Location: within Kelowna city limits

Re: Noah's Ark

Postby 1nick » Feb 25th, 2011, 12:27 am

Lotta Hitschmanova,56 Sparks st,Ottawa.
1nick
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3429
Likes: 236 posts
Liked in: 666 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2006, 8:55 am

Re: Noah's Ark

Postby wthwyt » Feb 25th, 2011, 10:11 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DdPpeCIMdE&feature=related[/youtube]
wthwyt
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3316
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Sep 3rd, 2009, 4:32 pm
Location: within Kelowna city limits

Re: Noah's Ark

Postby janalta » Mar 20th, 2011, 10:18 am

You're right Tryscotty...the real issue is indeed a lack of belief in god and everything that is written about him.

My issue is with those who believe in one theory, one reason, one belief, one purpose...and refuse to even contemplate that there may be thousands of other explanations for the bible stories...besides the almighty creator.
You say there is proof of creation...I call bull on that one.
There is no proof...besides the bible.

Every culture throughout history have their own theories on how the earth evolved, how humans came to be, how and why epic natural disasters occured...none of them any more plausible or believable than your god theory.
All based in times when there were no scientific means to explain earthquakes, floods, tsunamis or droughts...so...some spirit, gods or higher beings must be the culprit.
There are no facts to prove that a christian god exists...just as there are no facts to prove that the gods and spirits of ancient civilizations exist. It's all mythology. Your theory holds no more factual power than any of the miriad of creation conjecture.
In fact, the ancient alien theorists have a whole lot more compelling evidence than any other theory I've come across. Not saying I buy into all of it, or that it's fact...just that it connects the past a whole lot better than any other theory I've heard.

The big difference though...is that those who subscribe to other theories don't demand that they are right beyond refute...that they have the absolute answers to our past, that there is undeniable proof...whereas, christians do.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
User avatar
janalta
Übergod
 
Posts: 1872
Likes: 85 posts
Liked in: 220 posts
Joined: Jul 14th, 2010, 9:25 pm

Re: Noah's Ark

Postby NAB » Mar 20th, 2011, 11:30 am

Hmmmm, and Muslims and Jews don't?

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
NAB
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 22985
Likes: 38 posts
Liked in: 207 posts
Joined: Apr 19th, 2006, 1:33 pm

Re: Noah's Ark

Postby 1nick » Mar 20th, 2011, 2:12 pm

same theory
different actors
Lotta Hitschmanova,56 Sparks st,Ottawa.
1nick
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3429
Likes: 236 posts
Liked in: 666 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2006, 8:55 am

Re: Noah's Ark

Postby janalta » Mar 21st, 2011, 12:16 am

NAB wrote:Hmmmm, and Muslims and Jews don't?

Nab


hhhmmm....Was not aware that I had to include every religion when I was, in fact, not responding to a muslim in my post.

Yes, any religious group who subscribe to the theory that they know all the facts and can not possibly be questioned is included in the 'Holier than thou'...'We are right, you are wrong'...statement.

That is one of my biggest peeves with religion...the closed minded refusal to accept even the slightest possibility that...well....that there are many possibilities out there.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
User avatar
janalta
Übergod
 
Posts: 1872
Likes: 85 posts
Liked in: 220 posts
Joined: Jul 14th, 2010, 9:25 pm

Re: Noah's Ark

Postby NAB » Mar 21st, 2011, 4:18 am

I have no idea how you determined that you were ("in fact") not responding to a Muslim in your post, or any other belief system among the hundreds if not thousands out there for that matter ((including those who argue there is/are no God(s) at all and set out to prove they are right and whatever other religious texts are wrong)). I simply found it interesting that, given the tone of your argument, you would specifically target Christians.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
NAB
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 22985
Likes: 38 posts
Liked in: 207 posts
Joined: Apr 19th, 2006, 1:33 pm

Re: Noah's Ark

Postby Process » Mar 21st, 2011, 8:34 pm

Folks, let's not misuse the word Theory when referring to religious myths. All religious myths have the same basis in science - which is nothing, and are therefore simply myths. A Scientific Theory is the best explanation for many many observations (or facts). Religious myths have no factual basis. Several courts have ruled that Creationism or its *bleep* child Intelligent Design cannot be taught in Science classrooms because they are religious notions, and are not science. Like it or not, that's what the courts have ruled, and that's the way it will remain.
Process
 
Posts: 52
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Oct 27th, 2010, 2:26 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests