Evolution or Creation?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
5VP
Übergod

Re: Evolution or Creation?

Post by 5VP »

Infinite rider on the big dogma...
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

I have to wonder.... An omnipotent being that is so bored and egotistical that it needs to create humans that are horrendously flawed and just as likely to do bad as good, and then feel the need to punish humans for being created horrendously flawed and just as likely to do bad as good.

Kind of like a puppy left in the living room for twelve hours alone... What does one think is going to happen? Besides finding chewed belongings, a mess and feces and urine on the floor. The puppy must be punished even though one knows that's the scenario they'll find.
JOF585
Übergod

Post by JOF585 »

Olli_den wrote:Creation. For me, evolution cannot be proved by any human alive or dead, simply because they weren't there. Creation however, shouts evidences and proof everywhere around us that a higher Being was the creator and designer of the intricacies of life.

Could you please give me an example of your proofs and evidences ?
God create Adam and Eve, they had 2 sons and then what ? I asked that question earlier.
So you don't believe in dinosaurs ?
The Bible was not written by God but by mere mortals. Were they there during the Creation ? Who was there ?
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

JOF585 wrote:The Bible was not written by God but by mere mortals. Were they there during the Creation ? Who was there ?

Bill O'Reilly and FOX News. Maybe Glen Beck.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

JOF585 wrote:
Olli_den wrote:Creation. For me, evolution cannot be proved by any human alive or dead, simply because they weren't there. Creation however, shouts evidences and proof everywhere around us that a higher Being was the creator and designer of the intricacies of life.

God create Adam and Eve, they had 2 sons and then what ? I asked that question earlier.
The Bible was not written by God but by mere mortals. Were they there during the Creation ? Who was there ?

I pick creation over evolution because you can't evolve from dirt.. as soon as you can create life from a pile of dirt let me know.

adam and eve had more than two sons although i don't know how many children i can name 3 sons. cain abel and seth the bible does not mention how many kids they had.

The term "dinosaur" did not exist back then the bible used words like leviathon and behemoth.

We all know the bible was written by men. however it was written by different men in different places at different times all claiming divine guidance and all giving basically the same message.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

WhatThe wrote:I have to wonder.... An omnipotent being that is so bored and egotistical that it needs to create humans that are horrendously flawed and just as likely to do bad as good, and then feel the need to punish humans for being created horrendously flawed and just as likely to do bad as good.

Kind of like a puppy left in the living room for twelve hours alone... What does one think is going to happen? Besides finding chewed belongings, a mess and feces and urine on the floor. The puppy must be punished even though one knows that's the scenario they'll find.

How else would you create something that had true faith in you?
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Corneliousrooster »

cutter7 wrote:as soon as you can create life from a pile of dirt let me know

You might want to skip genesis then......
cutter7 wrote:
adam and eve had more than two sons although i don't know how many children i can name 3 sons.

I think the point was "daughters" are lacking in the equation (you do know how babies are made .....)

cutter7 wrote:We all know the bible was written by men. however it was written by different men in different places at different times all claiming divine guidance and all giving basically the same message.

Your key word is "claiming"...... different times???? i guess that rules out plagerism :skippingsheep:
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

zzontar wrote:How else would you create something that had true faith in you?

Not sure what you mean... Will it take wild zzontars* to drag information out of you?

*wild zzontars-from Calvin and Hobbe's Spacemanspiff "episodes".
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

WhatThe wrote:
zzontar wrote:How else would you create something that had true faith in you?

Not sure what you mean... Will it take wild zzontars* to drag information out of you?

*wild zzontars-from Calvin and Hobbe's Spacemanspiff "episodes".

I meant that true faith wouldn't exist unless humans were flawed. You can design a robot that laughs whenever you crack a joke, but they wouldn't necessarily find the jokes funny, or one that says they love you everyday, but would it be true love?
They say you can't believe everything they say.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Corneliousrooster wrote:
cutter7 wrote:as soon as you can create life from a pile of dirt let me know

You might want to skip genesis then......
cutter7 wrote:
adam and eve had more than two sons although i don't know how many children i can name 3 sons.

I think the point was "daughters" are lacking in the equation (you do know how babies are made .....)

cutter7 wrote:We all know the bible was written by men. however it was written by different men in different places at different times all claiming divine guidance and all giving basically the same message.

Your key word is "claiming"...... different times???? i guess that rules out plagerism :skippingsheep:

genesis? the bible claims god created man... my point was when evolution can create man from dust I am willing to listen. whats your point?

Once again the bible does not mention how many children adam and eve had... my point was merely that he was wrong in thinking adam and eve had only two sons since I can name 3 . It is possible that they had fifty kids we don't know. (its also possible eve had kids with her sons)

and the point about who wrote the bible is as simple as... most people already know the bible was written by men he's not telling us anything new here.
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

cutter7 wrote:
JOF585 wrote:

I pick creation over evolution because you can't evolve from dirt.. as soon as you can create life from a pile of dirt let me know.

adam and eve had more than two sons although i don't know how many children i can name 3 sons. cain abel and seth the bible does not mention how many kids they had.

The term "dinosaur" did not exist back then the bible used words like leviathon and behemoth.

We all know the bible was written by men. however it was written by different men in different places at different times all claiming divine guidance and all giving basically the same message.

Your ancestors were monkeys...get over it.
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Oxl3y wrote:Your ancestors were monkeys...get over it.

No they weren't.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

So dust or ooze.
I pick ooze.
Some days I really look simian.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

There was a sudden leap from *bleep* erectus to *bleep* sapiens. Seems likely that there was some interference in that process. Perhaps a little gene splicing that introduced new DNA that cause a quantum shift in structure and intelligence. Agriculture, science, civilization, architecture all appeared almost simultaneously all over the planet. Seems likely some outside influence happened about then.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

I think "sudden" is misleading.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”