Like you never saw this coming....

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: Like you never saw this coming....

Post by averagejoe »

So what gave them the idea you were a satanist? What were you into?

cliffy1 wrote:Besides the usual attacks about being a pagan, I lost my wife and child when my born again in-laws convinced my wife I was a minion of Satan. Being told I'm going to burn for eternity because I don't believe in their BS and just general intolerance. But losing my son was the biggest hurt. The family hid him on me for over 15 years.

I had an ex-daughter inn-law who was into wicca big time. Most evilest person that ever existed. Well except for maybe Allister Crowley? The beast himself.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

averagejoe wrote:So what gave them the idea you were a satanist? What were you into?

Native spirituality and healing people through traditional herbal medicine.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

cliffy1 wrote:Native spirituality and healing people through traditional herbal medicine.

Were you practicing while you were married to your wife? Did you turn from Christianity to Native Spirituality while married?
Are you Aboriginal?
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

averagejoe wrote:Were you practicing while you were married to your wife? Yes Did you turn from Christianity to Native Spirituality while married? I turned from Christianity when I was 18, long before I met her.
Are you Aboriginal? No, but what has that have to do with anything?
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Well if you practicing Native spirituality, you could be of first nation's back ground. Just a question.

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Sometimes he talks about Buddhism. He must be bald too. :)
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

fluffy wrote:Sometimes he talks about Buddhism. He must be bald too. :)

I'm a balding Zen/Rastafarian/shaman. I draw pictures and write books about being a spiritual anarchist. In fact I am the high priest of spiritual anarchy. I have a following of one - me.

BTW: I see you are a mod now. I think you will make a great one.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”