Like you never saw this coming....

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Like you never saw this coming....

Post by averagejoe »

I thought Church and State were to be separate? I thought religious (Christian) prayer wasn't aloud anymore in public schools? So it's replaced by Muslim prayer instead. Replace Christian prayer for other religious prayers. Like you never saw that one coming.......

Groups protest Muslim prayers at Toronto public school.

Several faith-based groups protested outside the Toronto District School Board's headquarters Monday over Muslim prayers taking place in a Toronto school.

For three years, hundreds of students have been praying in the cafeteria at Valley Park Middle School during their lunch hour. The school doesn’t run or pay for the service.

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/ ... lic-school
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: Like you never saw this coming....

Post by averagejoe »

Of course you don't see any atheists protesting......it's only when Christian prayers are involved. :127:
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

mrj222
Übergod

Post by mrj222 »

Christian or muslim if you want to pray at lunch go ahead. Do not harass other students and there is no problem IMO but religion should not be part of the school curriculum in any way shape or form except when referred to in say history class.

The part you missed out that makes this ok is that the school does not run or pay for the service and it doesnt appear anyone is being harassed by the prayer.

Christian prayer used to be PART of school and that was a problem.
We can't stop here, this is bat country!
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

averagejoe wrote:Of course you don't see any atheists protesting......it's only when Christian prayers are involved. :127:
no no joe, we have disdain for any religion that pushed its views on anyone else. Nice try to stir the pot though.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

WhatThe wrote:no no joe, we have disdain for any religion that pushed its views on anyone else. Nice try to stir the pot though.

So why weren't the atheist's there protesting? Atheist's pounce on anything Christian. You know that. So it doesn't surprise at all that they weren't at the protest as there job has been done to silence anything Christian and replace it with other religions.

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

averagejoe wrote:
WhatThe wrote:no no joe, we have disdain for any religion that pushed its views on anyone else. Nice try to stir the pot though.

So why weren't the atheist's there protesting? Atheist's pounce on anything Christian. You know that. So it doesn't surprise at all that they weren't at the protest as there job has been done to silence anything Christian and replace it with other religions.

hahahah nice try.

Replace Christianity with some other religion??? Get real. An atheist shuns all religions.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Can you show me GrammaFreddy where atheists have protested other religions other than Christianity?

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Actually, atheism is more concerned with lack of belief in any God. There are religions that qualify as atheistic.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

averagejoe wrote:Can you show me GrammaFreddy where atheists have protested other religions other than Christianity?

Nope, because I don't care enough to fuss about it. I just denounce them all equally.

Mind you, I don't stand in the middle of some Muslim square in some foreign country and do it, either. You only get to do that once - and not for long, either

:sunshine:
__________________________________________________________________________________________

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

-fluffy- wrote:Actually, atheism is more concerned with lack of belief in any God. There are religions that qualify as atheistic.

Yeah? Who do they pray to? Or whatever ...

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Buddhism is considered atheistic.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

-fluffy- wrote:Buddhism is considered atheistic.

Isn't Buddha the equivalent of a god? If not, why call it Buddhism?

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

-fluffy- wrote:Buddhism is considered atheistic.

How is that?

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

grammafreddy wrote:
Nope, because I don't care enough to fuss about it. I just denounce them all equally.

Mind you, I don't stand in the middle of some Muslim square in some foreign country and do it, either. You only get to do that once - and not for long, either

So Christianity is an easy target because they have no backbone anymore, right? :sunshine:

Why wouldn't you do it in a Muslim country? What would happen to you when you insult there culture and religion? :200:

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

averagejoe wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:

So Christianity is an easy target because they have no backbone anymore? :sunshine:

Why wouldn't you do it in a Muslim country? What would happen to you when you insult there culture and religion? :200:

Having fun trolling?

I wouldn't do it because ...

a) I would never go there
b) I like living too much

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”